another newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie here

hi everyone, i just received my garmin 360, installed the map and try it, works fine, thanks for this wonderful project, hope to contribute soon. any step by step procedures just to get started.

Hi Conroe,

Welcome to the roadguide.ph forums. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Just go to the HowTos section, and you'll see there everything you need.

Hope to see your contributions soon. And again, Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by edsailormoon; 08-06-2009, 17:17.
    We got some places to see...I brought all the maps with me...So jump right in...Ain't no sin...Take a ride in my machine.

- Freeway Of Love (Pink Cadillac), Aretha Franklin

Comment

Hi conroe and welcome to roadguide. If you have any questions, ask away... we are all willing to help to fast track newbies to contributor status

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Hi conroe and welcome to roadguide. If you have any questions, ask away... we are all willing to help to fast track newbies to contributor status
        thanks edsailormoon and borgie, i have couple question, first is how can i set my unit to 1s interval, 2nd is when i start moving how can i save my track to make it ready for contribution, i can not find how to do it, by the way my unit is garmin nuvi 360, anybody with the same unit, your help is very much appreciated, cheers conroe.

Comment

hi conroe, welcome.

Check out the following links:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4

HTH
          The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - A.E.

Comment

Hi conroe and welcome to RoadGuide..

Originally posted by conroe View Post
            hi everyone, i just received my garmin 360, installed the map and try it, works fine, thanks for this wonderful project, hope to contribute soon. any step by step procedures just to get started.

Comment

thanks edsailormoon and borgie, i have couple question, first is how can i set my unit to 1s interval, 2nd is when i start moving how can i save my track to make it ready for contribution, i can not find how to do it, by the way my unit is garmin nuvi 360, anybody with the same unit, your help is very much appreciated, cheers conroe.
              If your unit is capable of 1s interval (see post no. 5 from native_kim on how to check), it will record your track once its turned on. Then you need a third-party software named "wNutrak" to download it and convert to gpx file which can be opened in mapsource.
              I know one member who uses Nuvi360, Ma'am Liv.
              BTW, just curious your profile says that your gps unit is Nuvi260. Which is which?
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

first is how can i set my unit to 1s interval, 2nd is when i start moving how can i save my track to make it ready for contribution, i can not find how to do it, by the way my unit is garmin nuvi 360, anybody with the same unit, your help is very much appreciated, cheers conroe.
                Hi Conroe,

Sad to say, but the Nuvi 360 is not capable of saving tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                  If your unit is capable of 1s interval (see post no. 5 from native_kim on how to check), it will record your track once its turned on. Then you need a third-party software named "wNutrak" to download it and convert to gpx file which can be opened in mapsource.
                  I know one member who uses Nuvi360, Ma'am Liv.
                  BTW, just curious your profile says that your gps unit is Nuvi260. Which is which?
                  sorry for the confusion, i already edited my profile, sad to hear that i cannot save tracks on my unit, base on Liv info, how can i can contribute then, is it enough just to save POI, waypoints. Liv reading, thanks for the info appreciate it, good for you, your on conributor status, are you only saving waypoints for contribution, thanks.

Comment

sorry for the confusion, i already edited my profile, sad to hear that i cannot save tracks on my unit, base on Liv info, how can i can contribute then, is it enough just to save POI, waypoints. Liv reading, thanks for the info appreciate it, good for you, your on conributor status, are you only saving waypoints for contribution, thanks.
                    hi conroe,

to answer your question. since you cant save 1s tracks, you can still contribute waypoints(new waypoints, waypoints correction), tracks using GE to those places that the 1.06 demo doesnt have(because GE traces are not accurate as 1s track but its better than nothing), correction of street names and polygon

good day to you sir
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      hi conroe,

to answer your question. since you cant save 1s tracks, you can still contribute waypoints(new waypoints, waypoints correction), tracks using GE to those places that the 1.06 demo doesnt have(because GE traces are not accurate as 1s track but its better than nothing), correction of street names and polygon

good day to you sir
                      thanks hbt, i'll check this one.

Comment

Let me add:
                        - routing corrections like one-way and turn restrictions (ex. no left turn, right turn only).
                        - names of streets currently known as Rd
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                        X