Newbie from Pasig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Pasig

im using a nokia 5800 with a garmin mobile xt on it. i surf every month and it involves a lot of traveling (baler aurora, daet camarines norte, real quezon, zambales, la union). is it possible to add surf spots as POI in our maps so that adveturers and the like can type in "surf spots" and point them to the different spots in the Philippines? thanks guys

hi dino, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!
    Be sure to read the How To Section, learn to contribute if your time permits, so that you can get the Contributor's version of the map. It's awesome!
    if you have any questions at all feel free to ask..

On surf spots, I believe you can add them as waypoints. This is the same with resorts or beaches... Watch this thread for additional info from the veterans...

Originally posted by dino View Post
    im using a nokia 5800 with a garmin mobile xt on it. i surf every month and it involves a lot of traveling (baler aurora, daet camarines norte, real quezon, zambales, la union). is it possible to add surf spots as POI in our maps so that adveturers and the like can type in "surf spots" and point them to the different spots in the Philippines? thanks guys

Comment

okay sir thank you.

Comment

hi dino.
        welcome to roadguide. nice sport.
        yes i believe its possible. just make sure to comply with waypoints standard in how to section pointed out by razorspells.
        and while your at it, pls check if tracks going to this surf spots are existing in our map, if not you may submit it also.
        although 1-sec tracks is preferable, you can submit xt tracks for roads not yet on map.
        if not accessible to cars, you can label it as footpath. check track standard also in how to section.
        hoping to see your contributions soon.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi Dino and welcome to Roadguide. Yes you can upload the surf spots. Just include "surf spot" in the label so when we do a search, key word would be "surf spot". And maybe a "beach" icon can be used. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

no problem sir, im still studying the how to thread, ill start doing new tracks next week after i check the demo map v1.08. thanks you.

everything is new to me so bear with me guys thanks

Comment

no problem sir, im still studying the how to thread, ill start doing new tracks next week after i check the demo map v1.08. thanks you.

everything is new to me so bear with me guys thanks
              hi dino,

welcome to roadguide.

remember everybody here started from kindergarder then go up to college. just dont drop out

we'll be with you all the way if you need help
              dont be shy to post your question
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                remember everybody here started from kindergarder then go up to college. just dont drop out
                +1 and add ko lang, hbt is in graduate school already ... Have a nice day kuya...

Comment

thank you.

Comment

question for the veterans.

1. demo map version 1.08 will be the basis for recording new tracks?
                    im planning to record a new track for my friends newly constructed village which is not shown in the demo map 1.08

2. how to make 1-sec tracks?

3. Philippines routable 5.08?

thank you

Comment

im planning to record a new track for my friends newly constructed village which is not shown in the demo map 1.08
                      The latest map which is demo v1.08. And not only for tracks but also for waypoints.

With XT? Please read this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=224. Please be reminded that the resolution of tracks generated by XT is not that good. But in the absence of other tracks, it's better than nothing...

What's the question?

Please do go over the "How to's" as your questions have been covered and answered many times already. But if there are topics you think needs to be clarified, then ask away...
                      Last edited by Borgie; 11-03-2009, 10:28.

Comment

Yes. Waypoints as well.

Thats is a function of your gps unit.
                        Pls check this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4

What is exactly your question on this?
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

what is philippine routable 5.08 for?

Comment

hi dino,

v5.08(5.17) is the free map that you can install on your unit. it's also known as a teaser map coz we're using the more detailed v1.08 contributors map.(as of this writing)

how to get the v1.08... simple... contribute...(not money) please read the "HOW TO" section

HTH
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Ok, that's clearer now. The Philippine Routable v5.08 (will appear as 5.17 in mapsource) is the FREE Roadguide map that you can download and install/use in your GPS even without contributing anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X