Garmin 265WT and Mac queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMT View Post
    I seem to have gotten a lemon Trackstickpro. If I had known what I know now, I would have gotten multiple Nuvi's (855 was selling@$160) na lang used that even for the trucks. I now have to check how to RMA the defective to the US
    For trucks, maybe you can try this out: http://www.amazon.com/Columbus-V-900.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

It can record tracks (not sure though if 1 sec as it's not indicated but one reviewer said that you can choose between "standard" and "professional' mode) and is described as follows:

Product Description
    Columbus V-900 Bluetooth GPS Data Logger is the world first data logger with Voice-Tag function for adding your personal voice labels to any waypoints. It is easy to use, compact, and provides excellent GPS performance. You name it, the Columbus V-900 data logger records almost all available GPS parameters such as: Date, Time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Speed, Heading, Fix Mode, PDOP, HDOP, VDOP and Voice!. Software compatibility: The Columbus V-900 is compatible with nearly any GPS mapping software available and fully compatible with NMEA standards (all versions). The included Time Album data logger application is compatible with Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Linux, Mac OS and Mac OS X. Hardware compatibility: Works with Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Linux, Mac OS and Mac OS X with a SD Card Reader to download logged data and Bluetooth Radio is required to use the Columbus V-900 as a GPS receiver.

Technical Details
    * Standard Log Mode: Date, Time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Speed, Heading, and Voice
    * Professional Log Mode: Date, Time, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Speed, Heading, Fix Mode, PDOP, HDOP, VDOP and Voice
    * 51 channels MTK chipset with enhanced positioning system technology (up to 1.5m accuracy with EPS Technology
    * Voice-Tag function with built-in microphone allows adding live voice labels to any waypoint
    * MicroSD Slot with support up to 2GB* capacity (about 25,000,000 waypoints, more than 2 years) *NOTE: 1GB microSD card is optional in the package
    * Push-To-Log (POI anchor key) enables you to mark a POI at any time
    * Unique SPY mode allows continuous standby logging of more than one month

This last line I highlighted might be of interest as you can hide this data logger in your truck. And after a few days/weeks take it out, download the data and you'll basically know where your truck went and when, including where and when it stopped or detoured if it did. Track data points logged will have time/speed/coordinates recorded. Very good tool to check if your trucks are following designated routes and speed imo...

Comment

Working...
    X