Mapsource on Windows 7 - locked map ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapsource on Windows 7 - locked map ?

I originally used my xp laptop for mapsource and used the unlock code there and have been updating the map and creating my contributions on it. I got another laptop with windows 7 and tried to install mapsource on it and seemed ok - showed base map or something so I thenn downloaded 1.19 and extracted/installed it. When I ran mapsouce after installing the 1.19 map I get the message that it is locked.

How do I unlock it? I stillm have my original unlcok code I used on my xp computer?

Originally posted by CMT View Post
    I originally used my xp laptop for mapsource and used the unlock code there and have been updating the map and creating my contributions on it. I got another laptop with windows 7 and tried to install mapsource on it and seemed ok - showed base map or something so I thenn downloaded 1.19 and extracted/installed it. When I ran mapsouce after installing the 1.19 map I get the message that it is locked.

How do I unlock it? I stillm have my original unlcok code I used on my xp computer?

key in the unlock code the judge gave you
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Where do I input it? After clicking on unlock maps, no prompt to input unlock key?

Comment

Originally posted by CMT View Post
        Where do I input it? After clicking on unlock maps, no prompt to input unlock key?
        go to start > all programs > garmin > unlock wizard (presuming you are using mapsource 6.15.7)
        but if you are using higher than 6.15.7 then it won't be possible. here's why http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1849

if you are using mapsource higher version than 6.15.7, pls downgrade it to 6.15.7 or 6.13.7.

Comment

or
          in mapsource
          press Ctrl + U
          then go to Unlock Regions Tab
          then press add tab
          then input your key

Comment

sir cmt,

what mapsource version are you using?
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. Mukhang nag-ok na when I used the wizard.

Comment

Working...
              X