missing roads on my Garmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing roads on my Garmin

I'm using my nuvi 205 in Dagupan Pangasinan today. When I look at mapsource on computer both the demo and the basic map show some roads but when I look on my nuvi they are not there? I tried zooming in all the way and they are just not on the gps. When I drive on those roads it just says driving east. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Jeff.

is the map actually in the gps?
    is it selected ?

are you sure?

can you see other parts of the map in the gps?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

I just checked and yep When I got to map info it shows a check mark next to the roadguide map. I have been using the rest of it and it works great, on my gps other than the one subdivision is on the basic map but not on my garmin, is there a way to remove the map and reinstall it on my unit? think that might do it?

Comment

is that subdiviosn on the 1.07 map as well?
        or only in the demo map?
        if it's not in the 107 map, thhen it wont be in the gps...
        you could try to resend the map, make sure to select all maptiles
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Ok I am sooooooooo confused.
          The subdivision was showing up with all roads labeled in both demo map and basic map but not on gps. So just trying things in map source I clicked File > New. and now it is gone from both maps?????? Had I gotten info from other sources in that map and now I have lost it? I'm assuming since it is not showing in either map now that if I drive through it again today I should do a 1 sec trac of it and figure out how to post it? Sorry for all the questions I'm still pretty new to all of this.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jastutz View Post
            Ok I am sooooooooo confused.
            The subdivision was showing up with all roads labeled in both demo map and basic map but not on gps. So just trying things in map source I clicked File > New. and now it is gone from both maps?????? Had I gotten info from other sources in that map and now I have lost it? I'm assuming since it is not showing in either map now that if I drive through it again today I should do a 1 sec trac of it and figure out how to post it? Sorry for all the questions I'm still pretty new to all of this.
            Thanks.
            pls attached a gdb file indicating estimated location of this subdivision.
            also, make sure that you selected all maptiles when transfering to gps unit.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Very sorry sir I dont know what a .gdb file is or where to find it. I have a nuvi 205 and I drove the whole subdivision yesterday and recorded a track. I did the 1234 start recording thing. I'm still figuring out how to get that off my gps and figure out how to / where to post it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read that section of the forum later today and get that all figured out. If you let me know where to find the .gdb file I'll try and post it too.
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jastutz View Post
                Very sorry sir I dont know what a .gdb file is or where to find it. I have a nuvi 205 and I drove the whole subdivision yesterday and recorded a track. I did the 1234 start recording thing. I'm still figuring out how to get that off my gps and figure out how to / where to post it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read that section of the forum later today and get that all figured out. If you let me know where to find the .gdb file I'll try and post it too.
                Thanks.
                .gdb is the default file type of mapsource. whenever you use mapsource and save a file, you will/can save it as .gdb.

Comment

I have the same problem. I downloaded the 1.07 map. It shows up on MapSource on my PC. All the roads and stuff. But when i transfer the selected maps to the Garmin device, the roads don't show up. I see only names of roads, some lot shapes of certain landmarks. When i use navigation, the line and arrows follows the path where the road is supposed to be. It's as if the road is in the same color as the area around it. So i can't see any roads. How do i correct this?

I'm testing this at Pasay area, along Macapagal, near MOA. I go to Sta Cruz, Manila, it's still the same. Everywhere, there are names of roads and landmarks, but the road itself do not appear.

Comment

Originally posted by bart3385 View Post
                    I have the same problem. I downloaded the 1.07 map. It shows up on MapSource on my PC. All the roads and stuff. But when i transfer the selected maps to the Garmin device, the roads don't show up. I see only names of roads, some lot shapes of certain landmarks. When i use navigation, the line and arrows follows the path where the road is supposed to be. It's as if the road is in the same color as the area around it. So i can't see any roads. How do i correct this?

I'm testing this at Pasay area, along Macapagal, near MOA. I go to Sta Cruz, Manila, it's still the same. Everywhere, there are names of roads and landmarks, but the road itself do not appear.

with the mapsource close
                    click the attachment
                    open mapsource
                    transfer to device
                    see if it change
                    Attached Files
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      with the mapsource close
                      click the attachment
                      open mapsource
                      transfer to device
                      see if it change
                      Alright! The roads show up now. Many thanks to you!

Comment

Originally posted by bart3385 View Post
                        Alright! The roads show up now. Many thanks to you!
                        welcome... beer on you
                        hope to see your contribution soon
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                        X