6.15.7 & Demo Map & 5.17 Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.15.7 & Demo Map & 5.17 Map

I have the Windows 6.15.7 version and have been using the 5.17 map.
    I want to contribute waypoints and I have run into quite a few one way streets, street name errors, streets accessible only through gates and some street routing errors.

I downloaded the demo version, ran the executable Roadguide.ph.1.12.demo.version.exe which built a new directory under the jklinc directory with a bunch of img files and others.

Problem is: Now that I have done this, what has to happen to make them readable by Mapsource? Only mdb, loc, mps and gpx files seem to be compatible.

The answer is probably somewhere in the forums but I have not been able to locate it.

TIA, zp18

Originally posted by zp18zp18 View Post
    I have the Windows 6.15.7 version and have been using the 5.17 map.
    I want to contribute waypoints and I have run into quite a few one way streets, street name errors, streets accessible only through gates and some street routing errors.

I downloaded the demo version, ran the executable Roadguide.ph.1.12.demo.version.exe which built a new directory under the jklinc directory with a bunch of img files and others.

Problem is: Now that I have done this, what has to happen to make them readable by Mapsource? Only mdb, loc, mps and gpx files seem to be compatible.

The answer is probably somewhere in the forums but I have not been able to locate it.

TIA, zp18
    in mapsource:
    > view
    > switch to product
    > select roadguide.ph 1.12 demo map

(if you installed it correctly it will be there)

other questions? fire away
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that but only base map and 5.17 routable are shown there. Perhaps I missed something in the install, but I just ran the executable which dumped a lot of files in the c:\jklinc\roadguide.ph subdirectory. No prompts other than approval of the running the exe.
      Was there something else?
      Thanks again, zp18

Comment

double click the reg file in the c:\jklinc\roadguide.ph\ folder
        if you use kaspersky, switch it off and redownload again.
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

OK, I see the problem now. I had Mapsource loaded all the time and I needed to end Mapsource and reload it before it reread the maps.

Thanks for your help.

zp18

Comment

WOW! I have been using 5.17 and have it installed on my Streetpilot. I have collected a number of waypoints and was going to contribute but needed to get the demo installed so I could check. WOW again, the demo is so much more detailed that many of the changes I was going to upload are already in the demo. One entire development in Laguna and street errors in Muntilumpa City, and one way on Continentental are already included.
            My StreetPilot C340 does not maintain tracks, so waypoints is all I can add to the mix. I added a few fuel stations to my 5.17 mapsource and uploaded them to my street pilot but when I search on fuel, none of the added ones are displayed even though they show on the C340. I edited the categories to include Fuel and those stations in 5.17 show a category and subcategory of Fuel and Auto Fuel.
            How can I set a category in Mapsource that will match the category search in the C340 itself?

And is just waypoint contribution enough to get the unlock code?

And is there a downloadable file of waypoints that is a sample of what the judge expects for uploads? fields, formats, categories etc?

Thanks for the help, I really like the demo and hope to contribute enough to get the real maps since they are so much more detailed than 5.17.

zp18

Comment

WOW! I have been using 5.17 and have it installed on my Streetpilot. I have collected a number of waypoints and was going to contribute but needed to get the demo installed so I could check. WOW again, the demo is so much more detailed that many of the changes I was going to upload are already in the demo. One entire development in Laguna and street errors in Muntilumpa City, and one way on Continentental are already included.
              My StreetPilot C340 does not maintain tracks, so waypoints is all I can add to the mix. I added a few fuel stations to my 5.17 mapsource and uploaded them to my street pilot but when I search on fuel, none of the added ones are displayed even though they show on the C340. I edited the categories to include Fuel and those stations in 5.17 show a category and subcategory of Fuel and Auto Fuel.
              How can I set a category in Mapsource that will match the category search in the C340 itself?

And is there a downloadable file of waypoints that is a sample of what the judge expects for uploads? fields, formats, categories etc?

Thanks for the help, I really like the demo and hope to contribute enough to get the real maps since they are so much more detailed than 5.17.

zp18
              hi sir zp18,

waypoint standards here
              samples of right and wrong waypoints here

you can also contribute tracks and polygons even without using your gps. for details on polygon standards, read here
              goodluck sir.

HTH.

Comment

zp18
                btw, your streetpilot should be able to read NT maps.
                latest contributor version 112 is in NT format.
                if not, you can try version 107c once you get your unlock key.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer. I downloaded and looked at the samples. GOOD JOB! Url's for web sites, go in the url box in Mapsource, right? I know, seems obvious but some locations have customer svc email and web addresses both.
                  Sorry for the question, but the contributor version is NT? Still readable by Mapsource and does it go in the \Garmin subdirectory on my StreetPilot like the 5.17 map set?
                  And are there category standards? My Mapsource has a few, favorites, vacation, etc and all the rest just say category x.

Once again, thanks for your help.
                  I have a detailed list of gas stations that I want to add as waypoints and knowing the ins and outs before I get started will be helpful.

zp18

Comment

Is there a way to import a list of waypoints to Mapsource, say from a csv file or maybe an Excel spreadsheet?

TIA, ZP18

Comment

Is there a way to import a list of waypoints to Mapsource, say from a csv file or maybe an Excel spreadsheet?

TIA, ZP18
                      YEs, use DNRGARMIN.

Search google for the download website.
                      d1754
                      "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                      those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                      . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Sorry for the question, but the contributor version is NT? Still readable by Mapsource and does it go in the \Garmin subdirectory on my StreetPilot like the 5.17 map set?
                          versions 108 and onwards are in NT format.
                          mapsource can read both NT and non-NT maps.
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                          X