"Junction" instead of "road"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Junction" instead of "road"?

I notice that most, if not all highway or major road intersections on the map have "X" "/" or "\" paths drawn on them that's generically called simply "road" (see attached pic). This is probably ok for non-TTS devices but can be a bit confusing on TTS-capable devices as they are also mentioned as part of the voice prompts. (ie. "Turn left on road then turn left")

Well obviously, those paths are there because they're probably necessary but, will it be feasible to rename them to "junction" instead? It'll probably sound more correct on TTS-capable devices.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
    I notice that most, if not all highway or major road intersections on the map have "X" "/" or "\" paths drawn on them that's generically called simply "road" (see attached pic). This is probably ok for non-TTS devices but can be a bit confusing on TTS-capable devices as they are also mentioned as part of the voice prompts. (ie. "Turn left on road then turn left")

Well obviously, those paths are there because they're probably necessary but, will it be feasible to rename them to "junction" instead? It'll probably sound more correct on TTS-capable devices.

can be done
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Good observation mrOJ. Thanks for this.

Comment

Working...
      X