Lost nuvi 250W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost nuvi 250W

My nuvi 250W was taken from a bag I left at my cube last Monday. The device ID is 3374550401 just FYI if ever you find it in greenhils

sad to hear that bro.,hope it's locked so that whoever took it will have difficulty selling it without unlocking it first, let's pray na makonsyensya sya.

Comment

It just occurred to me that maybe we can maintain a thread where stolen or lost units can be declared. Kinda like a "Blacklisted Devices" thread. In case the "new owners" decides to load it up with a contributor's version of the map, at least the site admins would know and the real owners can be notified. Maybe, there's still chance to recover the device(s) diplomatically after that.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

i think that's a great idea, 'hope admins and mods would study and allow that as a solution so that others will hesitate to buy second hand units from persons they did'nt know unless they dont mind upgrading their map.

Comment

Originally posted by conan914 View Post
          i think that's a great idea, 'hope admins and mods would study and allow that as a solution so that others will hesitate to buy second hand units from persons they did'nt know unless they dont mind upgrading their map.
          Originally posted by oj88 View Post
          It just occurred to me that maybe we can maintain a thread where stolen or lost units can be declared. Kinda like a "Blacklisted Devices" thread. In case the "new owners" decides to load it up with a contributor's version of the map, at least the site admins would know and the real owners can be notified. Maybe, there's still chance to recover the device(s) diplomatically after that.
          just think about what the both of you are proposing...
          not feasible.
          use the locking feature of your gps. that's why it's there in the first place.
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

thanks guys for the concern/suggestion. oh well, I'm not really expecting to recover it anymore. I just posted the ID here so just in case anyone here finds it in a store somewhere he at least know that it's not clean.

...and in case it finds its way in anyone's hands here. don't worry about it, if you are really unaware that it was dirty when you bought it, you can keep it with a clean conscience, I'm freeing you from the guilt. Just stay away from that store next time

No it's not locked when it was stolen.

Comment

Working...
            X