iOS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS5

Iphone & Ipad users, iOS5 has just been released yesterday and IMHO the best firmware upgrade ever
    Anybody upgraded? What's your experience?
    Last edited by razorspells; 10-19-2011, 10:45.

just updated to iOS 5...
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Upgraded my iPad 2 the day it got out.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

updated my iphone 4 and i'm lovin' it! imessage is cool! next in line is my ipad 2.

Comment

any feedbacks? still think iso5 will still go unstable around a month or so.

Comment

^Yes..+1. any comments please...add ons/speed/looks/etc...
            If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Speed is excellent, some features i like are the new notification center, separate photo albums, wireless wifi sync, camera access on lock sceeen, etc. Check apple's website for more info.

Apple servers are still loaded with download requests, I was just lucky I was able to upgrade w/o any problems. Maybe in a few weeks apple servers would normalize and upgrading would be hassle free, HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so far its better than ios4

Comment

iOS 5 is a good update. Lots of new features. Notifications in the lock screen, you can swipe the notification from the lock screen and it will go directly to that App. You can now access the Camera from the lock screen by double clicking home button.

Still needs improvement though like the Reminders App, there should be a function to delete all completed reminders and it doesn't have a Badge.

Comment

Can't help but comment, but where did this all go wrong?

When did we start needing to question if a new version of an OS (not just iOS, but all OS and firmwares) is any good from the previous version? Shouldn't it all be naturally better?

I guess software makers, like MS and Apple has gotten us used to getting crappy "updates" that we all have to share and confirm that a new version is better than an old version or that it is a "good" update! Sheesh!

Of course Garmin is also guilty, what with some firmware upgrades wrecking havoc on map compatibility.

I'm just saying... because I myself do not actually go out and update my OS or Firmware as soon as they are released, because as I said we are so used to these companies usually botching the job, or releasing stuff that are not fully testes.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

just updated it last Sat. So far i like it. you don't have to press the home button everytime.

imessage is a good feature. maybe we can utilized this in rg member for quick communication.
                      Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

Everything works and looks better except for Good For Enterprise. Can't get it to work. I have no office email for 4 days now.

Comment

Very nice update, although some apps need to be updated to work on ios5 , but i want the siri assistant! I hope they will port it to older iphones or make an app just like it

Sent from my iPhone using my Stone Gecko
                          That which is above is also that which is below - Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Love and Light - Zohar

Comment

iOS5 notification center is great...gives you access to reminders, missed calls, missed sms right fr locked screen...and one more minor update i like is the shortcut sms...makes it faster to send common sms.
                            so far iOS5 is the best update for me.

Comment

when i get the time, il download and try the ios5.

Comment

Working...
                              X