Re-radiating GPS Antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomgotan View Post
    Just got my re-radiating antenna. The accuracy is only 3meters. Good thing is i don't have to wait too long for signal lock and the car icon is steady. unlike before it rotates when i stop. I think the re radiating antenna is the way to go. Since newer model GPS don't have external antenna jack. Will try it for few week and see the difference. I appreciate more than before.
    The 760 has an external antenna jack. Post pics Tom :-) How much did you get it for?

Comment

yup for 760 there is. But i am think in the future i might have different model.

It is a little bit expensive compare with the ordinary one. But i can take the unit in and out without any hazzle. i got it for 50.00 usd

Will post the setup. i only have here is the screen shot signal satellite. A 12vdc supply from cigaret outlet.
      Attached Files
      Nation's Laws are a reflection of national character

Comment

yup for 760 there is. But i am think in the future i might have different model.

It is a little bit expensive compare with the ordinary one. But i can take the unit in and out without any hazzle. i got it for 50.00 usd

Will post the setup. i only have here is the screen shot signal satellite. A 12vdc supply from cigaret outlet.

Wow, pretty good lock you got there! :-) What brand and what site did you get it from? What's nice about it is you dont have to plug and unplug compared to the gilsson. Specs?

Comment

got it from Bjtek. i have to extend the power cord since it is not long enough. i like to have it permanently installed. it took me 1 days to set up since have find way to run the cable to the back and open up the power cable and where to attach. experiment the right location for internal antenna to get the best signal.
          Attached Files

Comment

got it from Bjtek. i have to extend the power cord since it is not long enough. i like to have it permanently installed. it took me 1 days to set up since have find way to run the cable to the back and open up the power cable and where to attach. experiment the right location for internal antenna to get the best signal.
            This is the one you got? http://antennaking.com.tw/cetacean/f...ategory=136665

Comment

yes, that is the one.

Comment

hm... do i really need an antenna?

Comment

Hi MFB,

Please post me if the Gilsson antenna you bought is OK. How much is the antenna? I found some cheap antenna in the ebay for less than 500.00 pesos. but I am reluctant to purchase. It might be low quality. The ADS is from HongKong.
                  Well if it is good I might buy one.

Tom
                  Hmm, its not good. It suberb!!! haha I finally had the guts to put it out. Wired it out via the weather seal of the subaru's sun roof. Ayun, its literally facing up the sky. Best lock is 2m, normal is 3m. Its very easy to get a lock now, even if im in an area with a lot of buildings like Eastwood. (I easily get 4m here)

As I've read, certain car tints such as those with metallic particles (Vkool) deflects gps signals so your gps device wont be able to receive them. So if you have this issue, a gps antenna is a must. Also you wont have to suffer from "service disruption" with your gps when you use an external antenna.

With regards to what antennas will work with the new nuvis (1470, 1480)I recently inquired to Garmin Taiwan what re radiating antenna they can recommend since Garmin does not sell one. They referred the ar-50 available at www.mobile01.com Here's the link to the other model supposedly used by Taiwan's military for their gps antenna needs http://www.mobile01.com/shopping.php?c=977&p=14052 I found a seller for the ar-100 but they still dont have it in stock, have to wait for a few weeks for this.

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
                    Hmm, its not good. It suberb!!! haha I finally had the guts to put it out. Wired it out via the weather seal of the subaru's sun roof. Ayun, its literally facing up the sky. Best lock is 2m, normal is 3m. Its very easy to get a lock now, even if im in an area with a lot of buildings like Eastwood. (I easily get 4m here)

As I've read, certain car tints such as those with metallic particles (Vkool) deflects gps signals so your gps device wont be able to receive them. So if you have this issue, a gps antenna is a must. Also you wont have to suffer from "service disruption" with your gps when you use an external antenna.

With regards to what antennas will work with the new nuvis (1470, 1480)I recently inquired to Garmin Taiwan what re radiating antenna they can recommend since Garmin does not sell one. They referred the ar-50 available at www.mobile01.com Here's the link to the other model supposedly used by Taiwan's military for their gps antenna needs http://www.mobile01.com/shopping.php?c=977&p=14052 I found a seller for the ar-100 but they still dont have it in stock, have to wait for a few weeks for this.
                    is the gilsson active antenna different from the ar-50 and ar-100 you are mentioning?

Comment

6 months too late....should've joined the group buy.

Comment

Originally posted by spyghost View Post
                        is the gilsson active antenna different from the ar-50 and ar-100 you are mentioning?
                        Gilsson works with older nuvis that have a connector at the back. AR-50 and AR-100 are reradiating antennas. These have the antenna outside the car and broadcasts the signal inside. Its as strong as the Gilsson based from my own experience but no more wires to connect/disconnect when you have to bring the gps out of the car.

Most importantly, it works with the newer devices and those that do not have a port to begin with. Examples of this are fitness gps devices like forerunner 310XT and 305. You can get a lock already while in the car and when you're ready to run or race, you get a lock already.

Comment

can someone post the image of the antenna???

Comment

Originally posted by gareth85 View Post
                            can someone post the image of the antenna???
                            Here is the AR-100.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X