Advice on passing through Manila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on passing through Manila

HELP PLEASE! On Friday, 30 Oct, I will drive from Subic Bay to the car ferry terminal in Batangas then on to Puerto Galera for the All Souls Day Regatta. I need to be at the Batangas terminal to catch the 1200 ferry. I plan to leave Subic Bay at 0500 (glutton for punishment). Mapsource gives me two routes through Manila as attached below. EDSA or through town. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA
    Attached Files
    I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
    "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Originally posted by trekker View Post
    HELP PLEASE! On Friday, 30 Oct, I will drive from Subic Bay to the car ferry terminal in Batangas then on to Puerto Galera for the All Souls Day Regatta. I need to be at the Batangas terminal to catch the 1200 ferry. I plan to leave Subic Bay at 0500 (glutton for punishment). Mapsource gives me two routes through Manila as attached below. EDSA or through town. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA
    kuya, ferries from batangas to calapan aplenty. one per hour at least... no rush. but... some take 2.5 hours some 4... bit of a crapshoot.... if you leave at 5, you should be ok (magical word: should) on either route till you hit slex....
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi Trekker,

Take Edsa or C5 as the faster way but because of so many road constructions at South Luzon Expressway and the holiday rush, better leave Subic earlier if you want to catch up 1200 ferry. Jan is correct, every hour there is a ferry leaving Batangas Pier, no need to worry. The slowest is 3 hours and the fastest is a bit more than 2 hours. From Calapan pier, take the bypass road, passing the Capitol Building, its straight to Puerto Galera after crossing the highway to Roxas.

Take note, bring everything you want after you parked your car inside the Ferry because it is very difficult to open the car doors again after other cars has taken their parking position. It's like the fishes inside a sardine can.
      Last edited by Roadguide2000; 10-23-2009, 19:16.
      See FAQ for Newbies below
      Click Here

Comment

hi sir.
        should be edsa. avoid a.bonifacio should be clogged because of north and chinese cemeteries.
        at slex, take skyway from magallanes, should take you off from passing bicutan interchange which is quite heavy in the morning because of counterflow traffic, just additional P35 on toll.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          ..ferries from batangas to calapan aplenty. one per hour at least...
          Now I see my confusion! MapSource shows the route from Batangas to the Puerto Galera Yacht Club passing through the Puerto Galera Ferry Terminal. (see the attached route). I believe that the Montenegro Shipping Lines goes there daily departing Batangas at 0700 and 1200 ... but I must be there an hour early!

So guess there's no drama if going with my vehicle via Calapan ... just makes it a longer trip to Puerto Galera. Oh well, it might be some nice scenery

Thanks for all of the comments ... really helps and shows further utility of this conglomeration
          Attached Files
          "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

While at it you can collect waypoints hehehe
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Edsa to Skyway Southbound?

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
              at slex, take skyway from magallanes, should take you off from passing bicutan interchange ....
              Is there an entry from SLEX to the Skyway at Magallanes? MapSource shows getting off SLEX at NAIA 3 and backtracking to enter the Skyway.

See attached route.

Is there an easier way?

Sorry but I'm really not familiar with Manila!
              Attached Files

Comment

Edsa-Ayala Underpass?

MapSource does not route through the Edsa-Ayala underpass going southbound. Should it?

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  While at it you can collect waypoints hehehe
                  Absolutely! Gotta' maintain my Contributor status!!

Comment

Is there an entry from SLEX to the Skyway at Magallanes? MapSource shows getting off SLEX at NAIA 3 and backtracking to enter the Skyway.

See attached route.

Is there an easier way?

there is an entryfrom SLEX to skyway
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

MapSource does not route through the Edsa-Ayala underpass going southbound. Should it?
                      mapsource > edit > preferences > faster time should do the trick. (upgrade to 108.c as well if you haven't yet done so)

and play with the "prefer small roads - highway slider" to see what you prefer. (after you make a change, richtclick on the route and click recalculate)

the attached route is what i would do on the bike. with the car it might be faster to take the skyway in magalanes. (some one please upload it...)
                      Attached Files
                      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi trekker,

here you go
                        the skyway ramp
                        Attached Files
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

See attached route.

Is there an easier way?

there is...unfortunately not in our map. i will post correction on this.

if coming from edsa, go thru partial clover interchange of magallanes to alabang, coming down the ramp stay at right, look out for shell poi, around 200m after shell is skyway entry.
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Skyway at Magellanes

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                            there is...unfortunately not in our map. i will post correction on this.
                            Thanks laddie! Will await your correction ... Shell station not shown as POI on 108c.
                            Last edited by trekker; 10-25-2009, 10:34. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Hi trekker,

If you have time don't forget to record some waypoints and tracks from Calapan to Puerto especially the town areas. I will do some also in December during my work leave. I am a native of Oriental Mindoro and I would like that my province is shown in Roadguide Map.

TIA.
                              See FAQ for Newbies below
                              Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X