Newbie ...up North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie ...up North!

Hi guys, im new here...recently got a company 76CSx...upgraded from a yellow eTrex

NeiL

....updated
    Last edited by neilgratuita; 09-13-2009, 18:30.
    [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

welcome,
    North of what? Gensan? Aparri? stockholm?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi neilgratuita, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!
      Be sure to read the How To Section, learn to contribute if your time permits, so that you can get the upgraded version of the map. It's awesome!

Originally posted by neilgratuita View Post
      Hi guys, im new here...recently got a company 76CSx...upgraded from a yellow eTrex

NeiL
      Last edited by razorspells; 09-09-2009, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by neilgratuita View Post

NeiL
        Hi Neil & welcome to Roadguide! There's a thread for the 60csx tips & tricks, you might want to check it out as your 76csx is very similar to the 60csx. Hope to see your contributions soon from up north, wherever that might be...

Comment

Hello Neil and everyone,

I am also a newbie, just bought myself an Nuvi 265WT, just this 4PM and used it at once and it worked well.

I saw this thread as Neil is from the North, not so sure where North, but I am from Guiguinto, Bulacan, North of Manila.

I hope that through some readings that I would be doing, will let me learn how to contribute, I will read the How to section later on.

Regards and More power to all,

Erick

Comment

Originally posted by quatrosingko View Post
            Hello Neil and everyone,

I am also a newbie, just bought myself an Nuvi 265WT, just this 4PM and used it at once and it worked well.

I saw this thread as Neil is from the North, not so sure where North, but I am from Guiguinto, Bulacan, North of Manila.

I hope that through some readings that I would be doing, will let me learn how to contribute, I will read the How to section later on.

Erick

Sir Erick, welcome to Roadguide. Enjoy your stay and will wait for your contributions.

Comment

Hi malamig,
              Thanks so much and will get my hands on it..quite excited with the GPS and just finished entering my home location.
              Thanks for the (warm and cool) welcome..

Comment

Hello Neil and everyone,

Erick
                hi 45 hehehe,

welcome to roadguide. to point you in the right direction.
                please read the "how to" section and if you have any question feel free to post. im sure theres a gentleman or lady who'll answer your question.

good day and God Bless
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hi quatrosingko, welcome to RoadGuide, enjoy your stay!
                  Btw, we have the same unit, if you have questions, feel free to ask...

Hello Neil and everyone,

Erick

Comment

hi neil and 45.
                    welcome to roadguide.
                    hurry up on your contributions so you could get the latest map.
                    just a warning, gps mapping is addicting.
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
                      hi quatrosingko, welcome to RoadGuide, enjoy your stay!
                      Btw, we have the same unit, if you have questions, feel free to ask...
                      Hi Razorspells,

I'd like to contribute the areas here in Guiguinto, for a start, cause the map I have now only covers, the main provincial road, so that side road that leads to our house is not yet in the map. I also have some more areas within Guiguinto, Malolos and nearby towns. Now, with looking at unit and checking the menus and stuff, I am just puzzled how I can get these informations out of the unit and then contribute them?? Do I need to get the logs or info within the unit whenever I make a travel?? Moreso, how can I describe it for my contribution, say for example, Old Tabang Road, that starts from the corner at the Provincial Road then ends onto an intersection of Ilang-Ilang...

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Comment

Razorspell,
                        On last reply, I think I would do first the first procedure on the How to Section, if I get into some more hiccups, I'll ask again.

I just read that I need to get mapsource, then use my pc to get those info off my unit.

Let me tinker on and post any questions in the next coming days. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Razorspells,

I'd like to contribute the areas here in Guiguinto, for a start, cause the map I have now only covers, the main provincial road, so that side road that leads to our house is not yet in the map. I also have some more areas within Guiguinto, Malolos and nearby towns. Now, with looking at unit and checking the menus and stuff, I am just puzzled how I can get these informations out of the unit and then contribute them?? Do I need to get the logs or info within the unit whenever I make a travel?? Moreso, how can I describe it for my contribution, say for example, Old Tabang Road, that starts from the corner at the Provincial Road then ends onto an intersection of Ilang-Ilang...

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Hi Quatrosingko,

kindly check against ver. 1.07 demo map so that you'll know what needs to be contributed still in your area. thanks

Comment

hi sir 45,

to answer your tracks question.

your unit is equipt with the 1sec track recorder(also known as easter egg).
                            how do you record you say! read this: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

while about waypoint, its all there in the "how to section" .
                            btw... read the "waypoint standard" thread carefully

good day sir and happy reading
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                            X