GPS routing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS routing Question

hmmm. was driving kanina, doing my usual route... I left my Mobile XT running just to check for road corrections that I may spot...

Kaso I noticed one weird thing...

Before I turned left sa roundabout... sabi sakin ni GPS...

In 100 meters, Keep right, then Turn Left...

I was just confused that our map would tell us to keep right tapos papaturn left.. hehe Hindi ba tayo masswerving nito?

hehe any ideas?

can you post the screenshot of the route directions in mapsource?
    simulated it in 1.07 but doesn't seem to happen?
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi Sir,

here it is...

weird thing is... it's not in the directions -.-! hala! was using the 1.06 contributor map.. hehe weird!

Comment

Originally posted by jaysondin87 View Post
        hmmm. was driving kanina, doing my usual route... I left my Mobile XT running just to check for road corrections that I may spot...

I was just confused that our map would tell us to keep right tapos papaturn left.. hehe Hindi ba tayo masswerving nito?

hehe any ideas?
        Based on my experience, when you're approaching a roundabout or a fork in the road, voice prompts you to keep right (or left) meaning you don't make a turn in that fork, but just go straight up keeping right (or left).

The prompt "In 100 meters, Keep right, then Turn Left..." means that you keep right approaching the roundabout, then turn left shortly thereafter. Notice that when you're approaching a street with succeeding turns, it will give you instructions to make the two turns in one prompt... tama po ba?

any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Based on my experience, when you're approaching a roundabout or a fork in the road, voice prompts you to keep right (or left) meaning you don't make a turn in that fork, but just go straight up keeping right (or left).

The prompt "In 100 meters, Keep right, then Turn Left..." means that you keep right approaching the roundabout, then turn left shortly thereafter. Notice that when you're approaching a street with succeeding turns, it will give you instructions to make the two turns in one prompt... tama po ba?

any other ideas?
          Yes sir, hehe. kaso... as you see, the route plotted for me has no immediate left turn after the roundabout. (the next turn after the roundabout is a right)

Also, the prompt to to turn left necessarily has to be for the roundabout kasi if not dederecho ako dba.. hehe

Na weirdohan lang talaga ko sa keep right then turn left.

Maybe it got confused... hehe maybe it wanted me to stay on the outer lane of the roundabout..

Comment

Originally posted by jaysondin87 View Post

hehe any ideas?
            Thats because a roundabout presumably has minimum 2 lanes.
            It would be easier for you to leave the roundabout when you are in the outer lane (keeping right).
            If you stay on the inner lane (keeping left), that means, you are planning to stay a bit longer inside the roundabout, maybe using it as U-turn slot. If this is the case and you stay in the outer lane, then you would be blocking those who would be turning right.
            I am also guessing that gps unit calculates the length of the roundabout. If its a big roundabout then its safe to stay in inner lane because you will have some distance to change lane if ever you want to exit the roundabout.
            HTH.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

That's a very plausible explanation sir. Siguro nga ganun ang inisip ni GPS. If the GPS thinks im in a roundabout, it's logical for it to tell me to keep right if im going to exit early

However, that leads me to another question.. Assuming the GPS wants me to stay on the outer lane of the roundabout, why did it tell me to turn left? It should have told me to turn right instead if it really thinks im in the roundabout.

My guess is, it really doesn't think i'm in a roundabout. Because in a clockwise roundabout, there is really no "turn left" diba?

haha anyway, thanks sirs appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
              X