newbie has so may questionssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie has so may questionssss

hi!! im a newbie from antipolo.. i just a received a garmin from my boyfriend coz i always get lost!! anyway, i have done everything that my bf told me to do.. register it to garmin, download the map etc.. but wat else should i do pa?? and another thing, i went to this place and tried my garmin if it will give me the same route but it gave me the longer way to go to my destination and it is set to give me a shorter way and faster time?? is it possible because i still dont have the contributors map?? and i saw the eco route in gamin site can i download it??

an advance thank you to those who will reply...

Hello gps gaga, welcome to RoadGuide.. enjoy your stay!
    Be sure to read the How To sections, it contains the information on how to get the contributors map...

On your other questions, I'm sure the veterans can help you on this matter.. stand by...

Comment

Originally posted by gps gaga View Post
      hi!! im a newbie from antipolo.. i just a received a garmin from my boyfriend coz i always get lost!! anyway, i have done everything that my bf told me to do.. register it to garmin, download the map etc.. but wat else should i do pa?? and another thing, i went to this place and tried my garmin if it will give me the same route but it gave me the longer way to go to my destination and it is set to give me a shorter way and faster time?? is it possible because i still dont have the contributors map?? and i saw the eco route in gamin site can i download it??

Hi gps gaga and welcome to roadguide. As regards your routing question, setting it to route "faster time", gps will route you thru the major roads and highways that may be longer in distance but will take you to your destination faster (hopefully) because driving speeds are faster on these roads. Selecting "shortest distance" will route you the shortest way from point A to point B and you might be routed to side streets that might slow down your speed. Just select which type would be appropriate in your locality. Also, if you generally know where your way to your destination, no need to follow the route set by the gps, you are the boss. When you go off-route, the gps will automatically re-calculate and give you a new route based on your current location as regards your destination. Give it a try...

And btw, do read up on the FAQs and "How to's"... so many things you can learn there... HTH

Comment

hi gps gaga,

and just to add... you can download the ecoroute using garmins webupdater

thanks and have a good day
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

welcome

Comment

hi gps gaga.
            welcome to roadguide.
            just to clarify, are you now using our roadguide 5.17 map?
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Reiji0463;10342]hi gps gaga.
              welcome to roadguide.

Yes im using 5.17 map and a demo map.

where can i see my firmware version?? i tried to update it yesterday but it says that my version is already updated.. i just want to make sure that it is..

Comment

[QUOTE=gps gaga;10374]
                Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                hi gps gaga.
                welcome to roadguide.

where can i see my firmware version?? i tried to update it yesterday but it says that my version is already updated.. i just want to make sure that it is..
                hi gps gaga,
                please clarify your question. are you updating the ecoroute?
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  hi gps gaga,

and just to add... you can download the ecoroute using garmins webupdater

thanks and have a good day

really!? thank you!!

Comment

Go to tools ==> systems ==> about.
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

and i saw the eco route in gamin site can i download it??

hi Gps Gaga,

AFAIK, eco route is available for download only to nuvi models with 5 as last digit... ex. nuvi 205, etc.

i believe that you have the nuvi 800... so i guess it won't work with your device.

Comment

thank you for all your help!! ive done everything that each of your guys told me.. i appreciate all your help! until next time!!

my nuvi is working better than before

Comment

Working...
                        X