Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Paco, Manila

Hi Guys!

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 860T and I'm very eager to contribute to our mapping user community. I got this in Singapore and the good Pinay saleslady there pre-loaded a PH map. She said that she got the maps at http://www.pda4x.com. Has anyone tried this source?

At any rate, I'm a newbie in these kinds of technology and I believe there are a lot of self-help links in this forum where I can review to learn how to use this device and most importantly be able to contribute to our community.

I haven't had the chance to download the maps from this forum. If anybody would want, I can perhaps upload the PH map that I got from the good saleslady. Would this be a legal thing to do?

I would also be glad to attend a mini-get together so I can accelerate my skills in understanding how to contribute to the forum.

Best regards,
    JakB
    Last edited by ; 07-09-2009, 14:44.

Originally posted by jakb View Post
    Hi Guys!

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 860T and I'm very eager to contribute to our mapping user community. I got this in Singapore and the good Pinay saleslady there pre-loaded a PH map. She said that she got the maps at http://www.pda4x.com. Has anyone tried this source?

At any rate, I'm a newbie in these kinds of technology and I believe there are a lot of self-help links in this forum where I can review to learn how to use this device and most importantly be able to contribute to the our community.

I haven't had the chance to download the maps from this forum. If anybody would want, I can perhaps upload the PH map that I got from the good salelady. Would this be a legal thing to do?

I would also be glad to attend a mini-get together so I can accelerate my skills in understanding how to contribute to the forum.

Best regards,
    JakB
    hi jakB,
    welcome to roadguide.
    to get you started. download the mapsource then the 1.06 demo map, use the 1.06 demo map as basis so that we wont have duplicate entry.

read the how to section carefully.

if you have any question just post it i'm sure somebody will answer it

good day to you sir
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Newbie - Thanks!

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi jakB,
      welcome to roadguide.
      to get you started. download the mapsource then the 1.06 demo map, use the 1.06 demo map as basis so that we wont have duplicate entry.

read the how to section carefully.

if you have any question just post it i'm sure somebody will answer it

good day to you sir
      thanks for the immediate assist, HBT! I'd do as you recommended.

Best regards,
      JakB

Comment

Originally posted by jakb View Post
        I haven't had the chance to download the maps from this forum. If anybody would want, I can perhaps upload the PH map that I got from the good salelady. Would this be a legal thing to do?

Best regards,
        JakB
        Hi JakB and welcome to roadguide! AFAIK, our maps are the most updated and you should check our map out first and see how it compares with the one you have. You can download the standard map that you install in your GPS and the updated demo map that you install in Mapsource to check if your planned conribution is or is not yet on the map. For EB's, just be on the look out... hbt, sinned and the others regularly sched this activity and it does accelerate one's understanding of the mapping process...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Hi JakB and welcome to roadguide! AFAIK, our maps are the most updated and you should check our map out first and see how it compares with the one you have. You can download the standard map that you install in your GPS and the updated demo map that you install in Mapsource to check if your planned conribution is or is not yet on the map. For EB's, just be on the look out... hbt, sinned and the others regularly sched this activity and it does accelerate one's understanding of the mapping process...
          Thanks, Borgie!

Hope to see you guys soon!

Comment

Working...
          X