Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

visiting Philippines

Hi All,
    I will be visiting Manila and Cavite soon, picking up a rental at the airport. Is there a city navigator covering metro manila and the Cavite regions? A request on a yahoo GPS group guided me here.
    Thanks
    Neal

Hello Neal,

You might want to visit the subforum Download Standard Philippines GPS Map. Looking at v5.17 though, there isn't much info yet for most of Cavite. But looking at 1.06 (which you can't upload to your GPSr), it has more info -- so maybe you can trace a route from there and upload it to your GPSr (it might just work, the seniors might be able to chime in on this).

HTH
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

thanks HTH. have downloaded both and realise the contributor version would be most useful. So what do I need to contribute to get this? Being from the UAE I don't know if what I have could be useful here. My hobby is off roading and all my data is related to this covering UAE and some of Oman. Desperate to get a good routing map for my visit. Appreciate all help.

Thanks
      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Sai View Post
        thanks HTH. have downloaded both and realise the contributor version would be most useful. So what do I need to contribute to get this? Being from the UAE I don't know if what I have could be useful here. My hobby is off roading and all my data is related to this covering UAE and some of Oman. Desperate to get a good routing map for my visit. Appreciate all help.

Thanks
        Neal
        Hi Neal. Afraid there's no shortcut to getting the contributor's maps except by sending in your contributions after which you would be given contributor status by the judge if you've contributed enough by his standards. Next best thing maybe is to graciously ask an accomodating contributor member to be your navigator when you come visit....

Comment

Originally posted by Sai View Post

Thanks
          Neal
          and to add please read this: http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=397

good day to you sir
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
          X