9 months in the making...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 months in the making...

Hello. Stumbled upon Philippine GPS users' forums last year and since then have been wanting to join. But since I didn't have my own personal unit yet, I delayed joining AND eventually buying. 9months after deciding on which unit to buy (convinced that the Philippines is a Garmin country), which is the Garmin nüvi 765, an opportunity presented it self -- PC Show 09 during the Great Singapore Sale 09.

Funny thing is (or pathetic as my colleague/workshop engineer mate reckons) I deal with positioning (survey/construction) when I'm at work and here I am planning on dealing with positioning again during my days off.

Hope to contribute to this endeavor soon.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; 06-17-2009, 11:00.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
      Hello. Stumbled upon Philippine GPS users' forums last year and since then have been wanting to join. But since I didn't have my own personal unit yet, I delayed joining AND eventually buying. 9months after deciding on which unit to buy (convinced that the Philippines is a Garmin country), which is the Garmin nüvi 765, an opportunity presented it self -- PC Show 09 during the Great Singapore Sale 09.

Funny thing is (or pathetic as my colleague/workshop engineer mate reckons) I deal with positioning (survey/construction) when I'm at work and here I am planning on dealing with positioning again during my days off.

Hope to contribute to this endeavor soon.
      Hi B2Bomber and welcome to the forum. You can look at it this way dealing with positioning at work is work, and dealing with positioning during your days off or off-hours is play... at least that's how i see it, being involved in GIS work myself...

We'll be glad to see your contributions...

Comment

hehe. guess you are right. with positioning during offhours, you can wake up/sleep whatever time you want, smoke, drink and the best thing is you're not stuck in one place/field only... best of all... no serious paper work. hehe
        ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

9 months in the making

Joanne =D Yeah, the way the site is set up, its understandable that you didnt know about the forums until months after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by helicop View Post
            Joanne =D Yeah, the way the site is set up, its understandable that you didnt know about the forums until months after the fact.
            err... who's Joanne?

Comment

Working...
            X