Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Newbie

Good Day to All,
    been a Nokia Maps user for several years already and finally decided to move over to android. Nokia Maps has been very useful for me and unfortunately i cant find even a app which is closest to that. im trying to find an offline GPS navigator and somewhat landed to this forum.

am i on the right forum?
    i have a galaxy s3 mini, tried NavDroyd but its quite hard to scroll thru the maps and i cant add on favorites (pins) it just saves my current location.

tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated

welcome

Comment

try navitel along with the rg-ph map. if you have some waypoints that you want to transfer to navitel, just find a way to export them (gpx or gdb format) and import them on navitel.
      got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
        try navitel along with the rg-ph map. if you have some waypoints that you want to transfer to navitel, just find a way to export them (gpx or gdb format) and import them on navitel.
        Wow, thank you very much for the swift reply. i will definitely try that. will post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by legtu View Post
          Hi, loaded and installed Navitel and its noticed that its a 30day trial only. selected the "Buy" option and most of the countries available are for Europe countries and no southeast asia specifically Philippines.

am i missing out some steps here or should i download the map first somewhere here in this forum?

thank You

Comment

Read about it here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=5327

Basically buy whatever Navitel you can find that you can pay for by credit card. There is no Philippine seller and I understand the Indonesian seller is not issuing licenses these days. So just buy the unlock key from anywhere you can, cheapest if possible. You don't need the map anyway coz the RG map is free.

Just a disclaimer though, the RG Navitel Map has not been updated for some time, but the free version is still quite good even compared to some commercially and locally available GPSR maps.

Please read through the Navitel FAQs here:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

NavDroyd RG does not offer any maps for it as far as I know.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

welcome to roadguide!!!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
              - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
              X