New from Kabankalan City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Kabankalan City

Hello Everyone. I moved here 2 years ago from the US. I'm using a Nuvi 40 that a friend sent a few months ago. I have your basic map loaded and also reference your demo map in Mapsource. The basic map works well for me here, but i will add contributions as i travel around Negros. There really is a lot of info already in your maps. This is a great site and Happy Holidays to everyone. Dale

Welcome to RG Scheffel!

As it looks like you already did your homework with mapsource and if you already read the FAQ and How to pages, your next step is to be sending contributions to get contributor's status so that you can get to use the latest map (same as the Demo map), I assume you have the latest Demo map already.

My suggestion to get you started is to study the demo map around the neighborhood were you live, I bet you, that you will find at least 5 waypoints to contribute.

1. Stores, shops, and the likes that are there but not in the map.
    2. Stores, shops and the likes that are in the map but actually isn't there anymore, maybe changed name or have closed shop.
    3. Waypoints that are there in the map but on the wrong side of the street!

All these usually can be checked by those who live nearby.

Then you just increase the radius of the area you check and contribute.

Eventually, you take it personally when you notice that a point of interest in your area is not yet in the map

Nuvi 40 is a nice model by the way.

Enjoy!

TTFN
    Arvin
    Last edited by Jan; 12-17-2012, 20:36.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide!

Comment

Welcome to RG
        d1754
        "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
        those who accept it avoid the snares of death
        . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Thank you everyone for the Welcome to RG. The Nuvi 40 is a pretty basic unit, but it's all i need. Thanks for the suggestions Arvin. I do have questions but will post them on the appropriate threads later.

Where i come from there are endless signs everywhere along most roads. A lot less signs in the Phils, but that makes it easy to get lost sometimes. I enjoy the beautiful natural scenery here much more WITHOUT all the signs, but getting lost is not fun.

Dale

Comment

welcome to roadguide sir!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
            - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
            X