Hi...Newbie from the Visayas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi...Newbie from the Visayas

Hi everyone. I'm all new with the GPS thing. I just got from Sulit a GPS unit (Galileo) wc I was told is Garmin compatible. Is anyone familiar with the Galileo? (supposedly made in Thailand?)

Welcome to Roadguide!

please visit the FAQ page!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
    - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Welcome to road guide
      Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
      - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

@VFORCE3 & WRECKXSZ...thanks much.

Hoping to learn from you guys through the forums so that maybe, at one point in time, I'd be able to contribute some POI's and other infos to the Negros Oriental (and also Negros Occidental) maps. I'm currently exploring my brandless 5" GPS (I was told that this is Thai made...not China). This is my first time to own a GPS device.

Comment

Originally posted by cascais View Post
          @VFORCE3 & WRECKXSZ...thanks much.

Hoping to learn from you guys through the forums so that maybe, at one point in time, I'd be able to contribute some POI's and other infos to the Negros Oriental (and also Negros Occidental) maps. I'm currently exploring my brandless 5" GPS (I was told that this is Thai made...not China). This is my first time to own a GPS device.
          Welcom! Is your Thai GPS using GARMIN XT?
          d1754
          "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
          those who accept it avoid the snares of death
          . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
            Welcom! Is your Thai GPS using GARMIN XT?
            Yes, I believe it's using the Garmin XT...and if i'm not mistaken, I seem to have seen Win 5.0 too somewhere while exploring the different categories in it's menu.

Actually, I had it shipped back for replacement to the seller in Manila bec I noticed that it frequently "hangs". I'm not sure though if it was bec the device got confused on the tasks i've been asking it to do, hehehe...(although the seller offered to just replace it with another unit.) I hope to get it by tomorrow.

I hope i can find someone/friend here in our province who can more or less guide me as to how to add locations like POI's, streets, etc. bec I noticed that some popular destinations are not included in the map (Dumaguete, Negros Oriental). There are also times when I go on roadtrips to Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Cebu, etc. and maybe I can add up some infos too. Hopefully, i'd learn how to in the days to come.
            Last edited by cascais; 06-14-2012, 07:26. Reason: activated email notification

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide cascais!

Where in the Visayas are you at bai? sent you pm...

Comment

PM sent...thanks

Comment

Working...
                X