A new contributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new contributor

Hi, I would just like to say what a fantastic project this is. I have been coming to the Philippines for a few weeks holiday from England every year for the last 12 years. My wife and I like to tour the country however in the past the biggest problem we have had was finding our way around with very few decent maps to buy and not a lot of road signs. We always had to take one of the family with us who knew the way.
    I came across roadguide in 2010 and downloaded the basic maps onto my Garmin at home in the UK. So when we visited last year, I was delighted to turn it on as we left Manila airport and WOW, it worked and I could see where we were.
    So having the basic map and found it solved all my problems of getting around I bought a car!
    This year I decided I had to have the Contributors map and so set about collecting data. I am pleased to have achieved Contributor status now and look forward to contributing further during my visits.
    Many many thanks to everyone who make this possible.
    Paul

Congratulations contributor Paul and a belated welcome to Roadguide and the Philippines! Glad that you found the map useful enough to give you the confidence to buy and drive a car in Metro Manila. It's always nice to hear of stories like yours. Drive safe and stay safe...

Comment

congratulations Paul

Comment

Congratulations Paul and thank you for being a frequent visitor of our Philippines! Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

hats off for helping us improve the map!

Comment

Congratulations Paul! Your story should serve as an inspiration to other junior members to strive attaining contributor status.

Comment

welcome to roadguide!

I would like to live as a poorman with lots of money.
              - Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
              X