Noobie from Bacolod City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie from Bacolod City

New user here from Bacolod City. We purchased GPSMAP 62s to help us layout the property boundary near Mt. Canlaon. The area is near the PNOC area.

I am trying to learn how to plot the areas in Google Map kml to visualize the planned roads and structures for the property. Our previous experience with the surveyor was bad because of the high price they are charging and the unwillingness to teach us on how to manipulate the gps data. We even had a difficult time in asking them to provide just the tin surface data of the land so we can visualize it.

Good day to all and I hope I can learn lots of stuff here.

Originally posted by nantax View Post
    New user here from Bacolod City. We purchased GPSMAP 62s to help us layout the property boundary near Mt. Canlaon. The area is near the PNOC area.

I am trying to learn how to plot the areas in Google Map kml to visualize the planned roads and structures for the property. Our previous experience with the surveyor was bad because of the high price they are charging and the unwillingness to teach us on how to manipulate the gps data. We even had a difficult time in asking them to provide just the tin surface data of the land so we can visualize it.

Good day to all and I hope I can learn lots of stuff here.
    Welcome to Roadguide! Mind if i ask if you're from an NGO, from a local/national govt. office or a private firm?

Comment

I am connected with a private firm. One of their property is intended to be developed into an ecotourism spot here in Negros. I was disappointed with the survey firm that we hired. It seemed that they were only after the professional fee. They did not see the bigger picture of the project.

Fortunately, the DENR Office here in our place is staffed with friendly and accomodating people. They offered to teach us how to use the GPS unit in case we bought one.

This is the link of my issue of how to convert the contour image that they submitted since our boss wanted a 3d model so we can better visualize the area.
      http://forums.sketchucation.com/view...p?f=15&t=39207

This is a screen shot of the model that I shoehorned from the tin surface created by ArcGIS
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nantax; 02-17-2012, 19:19. Reason: forum english only rule violation

Comment

Thanks for your reply but kindly make your post in english as per forum rules. There are quite a few non-tagalog speaking members and we don't want to alienate them in the discussions...

Comment

Working...
        X