No announcement yet.

Garmin Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm glad you got mapsource finally working.

just curious... when you said that after applying the mapsource fix, re-installed and the result was still the same. did the program still show the 'previous mapsource not found' error or a different one?

don't forget to install the latest demo map and double-check your contributions on that before uploading.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

No it was the usual error message where it said that there were no mapsource products installed.

Just a question though, my Garmin has a favorite loaded as "Garmin USA", however, when I check my maps, there's seems to be only one loaded which is the Philippines. Does this Garmin come with a map of the US already since it has Garmin USA as one of its preloaded favorites?

Comment

Originally posted by cs_nognog View Post
        Just a question though, my Garmin has a favorite loaded as "Garmin USA", however, when I check my maps, there's seems to be only one loaded which is the Philippines. Does this Garmin come with a map of the US already since it has Garmin USA as one of its preloaded favorites?
        Garmin USA is a waypoint that's pre-marked when you buy your Garmin PND, along with waypoints for Garmin Taiwan and Europe. If your Garmin was bought in the US, it should come preloaded with a detailed US map. If there's no other map indicated (as you mentioned) except for RG's, then what you have is the built-in base map of the world that contains no POIs and scant road details... HTH

Comment

Working...
        X