X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Enteng From Taguig

Hello!

Good thing I ran across this forum!

I'm Enteng from Taguig... I got myself a samsung i-780 smartphone and wants to maximize its GPS feature. How/Where do i start? Need help.

Thanks and Mabuhay!

:-)

Originally posted by enteng View Post
    Hello!

Good thing I ran across this forum!

I'm Enteng from Taguig... I got myself a samsung i-780 smartphone and wants to maximize its GPS feature. How/Where do i start? Need help.

Thanks and Mabuhay!

welcome. the how to section is usually a good place to start....
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

thank you sir!

btw, any tips on where to buy garmin mobile xt? how much?

Comment

Originally posted by enteng View Post
        thank you sir!

btw, any tips on where to buy garmin mobile xt? how much?

garmin.com about 100 us.
        creative googling might show cheaper options
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

thanks again... i also read your comment on the other thread about my question.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          amazon is normally the cheapest.
          best to check prices on different sites though.

whatever you do, do not buy it in the philippines, you'll pay double or if it is not double, you'll get a refurbished unit.
          will check both.

Comment

yahoo im not alone

hey teng, i too bought an SGH-i780, have you configured your unit's GPS? a lot of i780 buyers are not sure they have a built in GPS reciever since there are no initial programs installed on the phone utilizing GPS. Even in the Samsung stores people seem unsure.. i had to try and find info online, during one of my program testings i installed a program which tried to find my gps receiver on the one of the 9 COM ports.. it showed me activity on com ports
            "5" and "9" so thru trial and error i found out which port was needed to be assigned.. whew! test google maps and it worked! then i got my garmin software and it worked as well.. hope you got your unit all fired up

Mattorney

Comment

Samsung Mobile Navigator for SGH i-780

Originally posted by Mattorney View Post
              hey teng, i too bought an SGH-i780, have you configured your unit's GPS? a lot of i780 buyers are not sure they have a built in GPS reciever since there are no initial programs installed on the phone utilizing GPS. Even in the Samsung stores people seem unsure.. i had to try and find info online, during one of my program testings i installed a program which tried to find my gps receiver on the one of the 9 COM ports.. it showed me activity on com ports
              "5" and "9" so thru trial and error i found out which port was needed to be assigned.. whew! test google maps and it worked! then i got my garmin software and it worked as well.. hope you got your unit all fired up

Mattorney
              I apologize for responding so late... i did try before to configure the gps function of the phone to work with garmin but to no avail... i got frustrated and tried to forget about it..until now. :-)

I'm using google maps once in a while for the gps but the downside is that it needs internet connection.

i'm currently installing the samsung mobile navigator (http://samsung.garmin.com) and hope this works.

will keep posting details.

-enteng

Comment

it works!

please check new thread (Samsung Mobile Navigator for SGH i-780 - It Works!!!) at GPS Hardware - smartphones or pda's.

Comment

Working...
                X