X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie from Munti

Hello Guys,

Just got my Nuvi 1390T.

I noticed that everytime I boot it up it would as for Country, Lang, etc. And always to my horror, no Philippines as option?

Ive already loaded the Roadguidemap but I always show in the country which I booted up with --- Absent Philippines.

Can anyone be of help? Thanks everyone. Really new to this GPS thingie.

Vulcan,

If you have not used your GPS at all in the country, you need to turn it on and keep it on and put it out in open area so it can detect satellite signals. Once it has a good lock (sometimes it takes 30 minutes) then it will know it is in the Philippines and show the correct map.

Once it knows you are in the Philippines, you will not have to wait that long to get a lock in the future, unless you leave the country.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide vulcanraven!

Some Q's: did you boot up indoors or outdoors? if outdoors, did you wait for it to get a satellite lock? If it was able to get a satellite lock it should show your actual location. If you're in Pinas, you should see your actual location in the Phil. map... HTH

Comment

Thanks kind Sirs,

It was the first time for me to fiddle on such.

Also the first time this GPS unit has been booted up here in the Philippines.

I fired it up indoors. Ill go out and maybe find a safe spot for it to have a satellite lock.

I have no idea that I should leave it for a sat lock.

I updated some version of its applications using web updater and now it shows " Pilipinas " as an option, but just as always have to select such everytime I fire it up. Even the disclaimer and End User Agreements.

Anyways, Ill do as you Sirs advised and come back here in a while.

Cheers.

Comment

Aha! There you go, if you have not yet gotten a proper satellite lock ever, it will ask you for your location and to agree to the End user's agreement every time. The Warning thing about not driving while fiddling with the GPS is normal even with units already in use.

So yes you have to go out in the open and wait until you get full satellite lock, there is a signal meter on the upper left hand of your screen, it should turn green if you got a lock already. Tapping on it should give you info on how many satellites you have lock on, I think you need at least 3 to 4 good signals.

After all these, then you should be able to see exactly where you are standing and the RG V. 1.07 map should also be displayed already.

Vulcan, just to be sure, you read all the FAQ already right? You know that the V. 1.07 is just a taste of the RG map and the best map is the latest contributor map, so you need to learn how to contribute. Just post if you have questions about contributing.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Welcome to RG Vulcanraven..

You can meet several Travellers here!

Comment

Originally posted by vulcanraven View Post
              Thanks kind Sirs,

It was the first time for me to fiddle on such.

Also the first time this GPS unit has been booted up here in the Philippines.

I fired it up indoors. Ill go out and maybe find a safe spot for it to have a satellite lock.

I have no idea that I should leave it for a sat lock.

I updated some version of its applications using web updater and now it shows " Pilipinas " as an option, but just as always have to select such everytime I fire it up. Even the disclaimer and End User Agreements.

Anyways, Ill do as you Sirs advised and come back here in a while.

Cheers.
              Thanks you for the post.

Comment

Working...
              X