Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about nuvi 265wt

hello
    a contributor here but my question seems to be of help to newbies also..
    i noticed that my garmin nuvi 265wt has poor satellite reception when unplugged during navigation,is this normal?however, when plugged, i dont encounter the poor satellite reception thing..my windshield is a little bit tinted..

thanks in advance guys!!

maybe battery's old and not giving enough ampere or juice while unplug.
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

sir..

sir HBT,

the battery is a still ok,just bought it almost 2 months ago..it doesnt drain easily also so probably the battery is still ok..hows dat sir?tnx..

Comment

Originally posted by princehenrydamasco View Post
        i noticed that my garmin nuvi 265wt has poor satellite reception when unplugged during navigation,is this normal?however, when plugged, i dont encounter the poor satellite reception thing..my windshield is a little bit tinted..
        if my algebra is right. everything is pointing to the battery. (unplug-not ok, plug-ok) if you plug it your basically charging the unit and using the battery charge to power the unit, just like a laptop.
        well... i'd do a hard reset but its up to you basically or update the firmware.(at your own risk of course) :sly:

hopefully they didnt give you a lemon battery

good day
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

tnx

Originally posted by hbt View Post
          if my algebra is right. everything is pointing to the battery. (unplug-not ok, plug-ok) if you plug it your basically charging the unit and using the battery charge to power the unit, just like a laptop.
          well... i'd do a hard reset but its up to you basically or update the firmware.(at your own risk of course) :sly:

hopefully they didnt give you a lemon battery

good day
          thnks sir, i'll check on that..

Comment

Maybe the Power cable with Traffic receiver is acting as an extended antenna... maybe. Well I'm sure you will encounter the poor satellite reception thing when passing through a tunnel at a slow speed... with or without power cable.

Comment

battery should have no effect on satellite signal.
              does it happen all the time? maybe you passed by some tall structures when you unplugged it. try this go to a clear location, get sat lock while plugged and without moving the unit unplug it and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by tessganda1988 View Post
                Maybe the Power cable with Traffic receiver is acting as an extended antenna...
                I agree, this makes a lot of sense. On some older units, you could actually plug-in an antenna to increase satellite reception.

Comment

hmmm ... mine, even when not plug to a powers source , my signal gets a full bar,well even inside my room i still get a signal but yeah , it could be the place where u are at when ur using the unit,
                  That which is above is also that which is below - Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus

Love and Light - Zohar

Comment

Working...
                  X