Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

hi everyone,
    a new member from makati since last month..ive been using a nuvi 1300 before now im using 265wt. i just notice differences between the two, 265wt is much slower in navigation compared to my previous 1300,is that normal,is the system speed of the previous more faster than the latter? further, when im navigating specialy in makati area, sometimes my current 265wt has confused in a way that the icon is not on the exact location a my position in real time,like one time i was navigating on paseo de roxas but the icon is on ayala avenue..more over sometimes the icon is not on the road but on the side of the road,too far enough..lastly, when i copied the the map used by my then 1300, i noticed that there two maps on my gps unit, two roadguide maps where in fact i had installed only one..i hope u can help with these concerns guys..thnk you verymuch..

Originally posted by princehenrydamasco View Post
    further, when im navigating specialy in makati area, sometimes my current 265wt has confused in a way that the icon is not on the exact location a my position in real time,like one time i was navigating on paseo de roxas but the icon is on ayala avenue..more over sometimes the icon is not on the road but on the side of the road,too far enough..
    the tall bldgs in makati affect gps signal and lowers your accuracy.
    use an external antenna if you like to improve your signal in makati.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
      the tall bldgs in makati affect gps signal and lowers your accuracy.
      use an external antenna if you like to improve your signal in makati.
      sir,
      is it possible to have an external antenna on my 265wt?were could i get one?..tnx

Comment

As for the maps, if you are unsure, just delete them (both say Roadguide anyway and there are no other maps in the unit that you might accidentally delete?) then reinstall. Actually having 2 roadguide maps won't hurt, just uncheck one in maps/info.

If you have other maps like US and stuff in there, then do not just delete the file, you might accidentally delete the built in maps.

usually roadguide map is named gmapsupp.img and can be found in both the SD/microSD and in the main memory, usually in a folder named /map.
        Instead of deleting you might want to cut and paste it somewhere first just so that you can paste it back if it was not meant to be deleted.

Most importantly, you should really try to start contributing if you can, coz the RG contributor's map is way more advanced than RG free map ver. 1.07.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          As for the maps, if you are unsure, just delete them (both say Roadguide anyway and there are no other maps in the unit that you might accidentally delete?) then reinstall. Actually having 2 roadguide maps won't hurt, just uncheck one in maps/info.

If you have other maps like US and stuff in there, then do not just delete the file, you might accidentally delete the built in maps.

usually roadguide map is named gmapsupp.img and can be found in both the SD/microSD and in the main memory, usually in a folder named /map.
          Instead of deleting you might want to cut and paste it somewhere first just so that you can paste it back if it was not meant to be deleted.

Most importantly, you should really try to start contributing if you can, coz the RG contributor's map is way more advanced than RG free map ver. 1.07.

TTFN
          Arvin

tnx sir arvin!!im looking forward to being a contributor, i just submitted bulk of contributions a minute ago..going back to my issue,sir ive tried unchecking ,just to find out that when you select POI,only the spell name option appears,in short the map wont work without the other, on the otherhand sir i've tried reinstalling and its still the same two maps appear whenever you check on the map info on the unit..

Comment

Originally posted by princehenrydamasco View Post
            i've tried reinstalling and its still the same two maps appear whenever you check on the map info on the unit..
            That is normal for RG maps.

Comment

@princehenrydamasco
              you can attend the eb tonight in makati.

Comment

try this:
                1. delete all img files inside /map folder
                2. delete all img files in sd card
                (you may transfer these img files into you pc as backup)
                3. install fresh rg map
                then tell us how many maps show on your nuvi.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                  try this:
                  1. delete all img files inside /map folder
                  2. delete all img files in sd card
                  (you may transfer these img files into you pc as backup)
                  3. install fresh rg map
                  then tell us how many maps show on your nuvi.
                  sir,
                  sori i havn't attended the eb due to busy sched..by the was sir ive tried to uninstall and reinstall it gain but its the same old scenario that happened after such procedures.Further the maps are currently working, perhaps its just the way it is..tnx sirs for all the help..more power to roadguide..

Comment

Working...
                  X