Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbee here: NUVI1390LMT(confused if I downloaded the map)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbee here: NUVI1390LMT(confused if I downloaded the map)

Mga Sir,

I have Nuvi 1390LMT model. i just follow the instruction to save then run first the Training Center, 2nd Mapsource_6137, and last the roadguide_basic_map.
    But i did not see any visible data on my pc that transferring on my unit. How will i know that the map already transferred on my unit. Then this morning i tried to use my GPS then its working but i noticed the map was not accurate. the car icon is not located at the road but instead its in the side of the road and also when i was somewehere in alabang festival mall but in the map of my gps the car icon still at the SLEX. PLEASE HELP. By the way, my GPS came from the US given by my sister. Is the philipine map on my gps was already there when i recieve it? or is this the map i downloaded?

after installing the roadguide basic map, did you do step b.3 (How to transfer standard map to gps unit?) found on the FAQ on "How To Thread" for Newbies thread?

if you didn't do step b.3, we can assume that the map in your gps unit is a pre-loaded map.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

You may also try to access the maps in your GPSr if you think you already uploaded the file, as per Legtu's explanation.

On your Unit, go to settings then maps, and tap on info, you should be able to see several maps. Roadguide should be one of them, if your North American map is still checked, uncheck it just in case, (don't worry it will still be there if you need it).

If you cannot find any map that says Roadguide in settings/maps/info then please review again and try to upload the map into your gpsr.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Thank you mga Sir. I think its a preloaded map. I tried to use another laptop then the installation run very well. When I tried it my GPS yesterday now its working I just saw the new map with details compared to the pre loaded map.

I also want to be a contributor because my place somewhere in Laguna is not yet on the map. God Bless.

Comment

That is good news that you figured it out.

For contributions please visit the How to section:
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Check out the latest Demo map so that you'd be inspired in getting contributor's status quickly

Have fun mapping!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Working...
          X