Just joined - from garmin nuvi, to 2-din nav head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined - from garmin nuvi, to 2-din nav head unit

Did not expect my Garmin Nuvi to work here in Manila but was pleasantly surprised when I found your old site. After living in the US for a year (and enjoying excellent GPS experience!) sold my car buy hung onto the GPS. During my last week, I was in a rental car and kept on using the GPS. I brought the GPS home with me expecting that this would be the last time i'd use it unless i travel back to the US (which I have since). This was in August 2008. Soon after I found the maps and somehow got them to work with the Nuvi. My first dilemma was not having a windows PC! Had to borrow one to make it happen.

Hoping to start contributing map data once i get around to figuring out how to do it. Also in the market for a 2-din head unit for my car. Looking for touchscreen, garmin nav capable (so i can still use maps!), bluetooth, ipod direct connection, dvd/cd, etc. Am under the impression only Kenwood head units use Garmin. I guess this makes the brand choice for me. Any suggestions or info would be appreciated!
Working...
X