Nuvi from KSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi from KSA

Hi. I am a newbie from Saudi Arabia and i just got my nuvi 765T last month. It's preloaded with Europe Map 2009.1 and I have the Middle East Map as well. I am going to the Philippines this coming July and wonder if the Philippine map includes Cebu, Palawan and Bohol Provinces. I would really love to visit these places.

Thanks.

Art

Originally posted by artsaudi View Post
    I am going to the Philippines this coming July and wonder if the Philippine map includes Cebu, Palawan and Bohol Provinces. I would really love to visit these places.
    Hi Art. Of the places mentioned, it's only Cebu that has detailed coverage. Bohol is in the map too but not as detailed as the other places, esp. for Tagbilaran. Palawan only has a few roads in the map. That's why contributors are needed for these areas, as well as in other places not yet on the map. Check out the roadguide.ph demo 1.03 so you have a better idea of the map coverage...

Comment

Hi
      I have installed the map and I can see it in my mapsource (i have version 16.15.4). I now have 3 maps namely City Navigator europe 2009.1, City navigator middle east 2008 and philippine routable 5.17. Now when i select places on any of this map and send it to my gps, the mapsource will just hang. It was not like this before, i don't know where i went wrong.

Thanks a lot

Art

Comment

Hi
        I have installed the map and I can see it in my mapsource (i have version 16.15.4). I now have 3 maps namely City Navigator europe 2009.1, City navigator middle east 2008 and philippine routable 5.17. Now when i select places on any of this map and send it to my gps, the mapsource will just hang. It was not like this before, i don't know where i went wrong.

Thanks a lot

Art
        i don't think you can send the demo 1.03 to your gps. i tried it before and couldn't do it either. I think you need to use the roadguild 5.17 vesion and then make some contrubutions to get upgraded.
        Charlie

Comment

Hi

Thanks a lot

Art
          Check the total file size of all the maps you selected for upload to your GPS. Maybe it's too big for Mapsource to handle. You might be better off creating 1 .img file for Europe, 1 for the Middle East, and another for the roadguide. Use only the appropriate .img file. If all else fails try re-installing Mapsource.

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
            i don't think you can send the demo 1.03 to your gps. i tried it before and couldn't do it either. I think you need to use the roadguild 5.17 vesion and then make some contrubutions to get upgraded.
            Charlie

But i should be able to get my device detected at least, right? Because right now whenever i try to send/receive or even just to detect my device the mapsource will hang.

Art

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              Check the total file size of all the maps you selected for upload to your GPS. Maybe it's too big for Mapsource to handle. You might be better off creating 1 .img file for Europe, 1 for the Middle East, and another for the roadguide. Use only the appropriate .img file. If all else fails try re-installing Mapsource.

I still have more than 2 GB on my device and I have 4 GB SD card which only have a few jpg on it. If I will re-install will delete remove all my save waypoints and tracks? Do I need to install again all my maps?

Thanks once again.
              Art

Comment

But i should be able to get my device detected at least, right? Because right now whenever i try to send/receive or even just to detect my device the mapsource will hang.
                Based on your statement, it might be a connection problem. I've had the same but worst problem before, using my old Etrex with a serial to RS232 USB connection. Had problems having Mapsource detect the Etrex, and when it does get connected, halfway through the send or receive operation, my laptop's screen dies after flashing a blue screen with some sentences i don't even get to read. But after a re-start, Mapsource is okay and it was the RS232 cable that caused it. Ended up downloading/uploading using a PC with serial connection, not the laptop. Have you tried using another PC with Mapsource?

I still have more than 2 GB on my device and I have 4 GB SD card which only have a few jpg on it. If I will re-install will delete remove all my save waypoints and tracks? Do I need to install again all my maps?
                Maybe the 4GB MC's not compatible with Mapsource? If you re-install, it will not delete saved waypoints and tracks as they are already saved. I've tried re-installing once and after the re-install, my maps were still there...

Comment

go back to mapsourse 6.13.7 and see if that makes a difference. i have read where the lastest versions of mapsource have some problems. I am 99.9 percent sure you can't send the demo map to your gps.
                  Charlie

Comment

So the best solution for now is to uninstall my mapsource and revert back to an old version. That I will try and thank you both for your input.

Salamat po.

Art

Comment

So the best solution for now is to uninstall my mapsource and revert back to an old version. That I will try and thank you both for your input.

Salamat po.

Art

Yes.!!! it's working now. I completely uninstalled mapsource, restarted the computer, installed the older version and it worked.

I now have the routable 5.07 on my device and I even sent it to my memory stick. I send both the middle east map and the phil map to my device.

It's great... thanks a lot guys (Charlie & Borgie)

Art

Comment

became a new member today and was able to download the philippine map to my gpsmap60csx successfully.. i can't wait to try it on my next vacation to rp..

maps installed:
                        city navigator middle east v4
                        philippines routable 5.17

Comment

Working...
                        X