Ill formally introduce from cebu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill formally introduce from cebu

I was registered here a few months ago but I did not introduce yet formally.
    Only now, i am from Cebu and loves to travel visayas and mindanao, im goin to buy a nuvi 265w. it is pre loaded with europe and middle east maps. how can i replace it with the philippines maps. thank you.

don't replace your euro and mid east maps. you might need it some day. you can put RG map together with the pre installed maps in a nuvi.

plus it's fun to desk travel using the gps

Comment

ok, so i will just add the RG maps to the pre installed one, but what if the memory is full can th eRG map be placed in the SD card i think this nuvi265w has an sd slot, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bluewater View Post
        ok, so i will just add the RG maps to the pre installed one, but what if the memory is full can th eRG map be placed in the SD card i think this nuvi265w has an sd slot, thank you
        I just backed up the original img and sum files which came with my 265w and replaced with roadguide, osm-phil and a 3rd phil map. Didn't see the need yet to put a sd card to play other maps yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewater View Post

yes it can.... best is using mapsouce to transfer to a memory card

but of course you have to install mapsource and the map
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanx a lot, ill buy the the unit by saturday and will start to study on what to do, ill better start reading for more info and post if I have questions or need help and later on become a contributor.

Comment

Working...
            X