Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie, from New York

Hello All,

I am Bill, from NY in the USA. I just wanted to first ..Thank all of you, for allowing me to use the demo version of this excellent GPS mapping project.
    I have contributed the only waypoints I have, in the proper section of the forum, and I hope that at least.. some of them, will be of use to a new updated map. My wife is from Cebu, and my our last visit was in 2008. Most of the waypoints in Cebu and Negros, are from another visit in 2004.
    Here in NY, I am a backpacker and camper, and have an extensive collection of waypoint locations, from my adventures in the field and forest...that I would certainly share with anyone that would be ever interested.
    I do plan to retire in Cebu, in the coming years, and would enjoy using an updated map in my travels and treks in the RP. I am using a Garmin Rino 530HCx, that is a combo of a GPS , 2 way radio, weather radio, compass, and altimeter. It does very well, fixing my position in the forest, even under dense tree canopy.
    Tale care All, and talk to you again soon.

Welcome, good to note you are able to contribute even outside the Phils!
    Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Hi Bill!
      Welcome to roadguide! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Where in New York?

Hey Bill,
          Where in New York are you? I live in Queens, NY. I'm a Newbie here. If You're up to it, can we meet up and maybe you can show me the ropes on how to contribute to the maps? I'll buy you and your wife dinner for the help! I might be visiting the Phil this fall and want to be ready to contribute when I go there, so my visit can be both a vacation and productive.

Thanks in advance
          Rjeff

Originally posted by imonacan View Post
          Hello All,

I am Bill, from NY in the USA. I just wanted to first ..Thank all of you, for allowing me to use the demo version of this excellent GPS mapping project.
          I have contributed the only waypoints I have, in the proper section of the forum, and I hope that at least.. some of them, will be of use to a new updated map. My wife is from Cebu, and my our last visit was in 2008. Most of the waypoints in Cebu and Negros, are from another visit in 2004.
          Here in NY, I am a backpacker and camper, and have an extensive collection of waypoint locations, from my adventures in the field and forest...that I would certainly share with anyone that would be ever interested.
          I do plan to retire in Cebu, in the coming years, and would enjoy using an updated map in my travels and treks in the RP. I am using a Garmin Rino 530HCx, that is a combo of a GPS , 2 way radio, weather radio, compass, and altimeter. It does very well, fixing my position in the forest, even under dense tree canopy.
          Tale care All, and talk to you again soon.

Comment

Working...
          X