Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveler from Malaysia

Hello everyone..

its great to see a philippines community gps mapping community.

i am from a similar community in malaysia, Malfreemaps.com which map includes Malaysia, Singapore & brunei. Currently we are mapping thailand and have cooperation with indonesia's own community maps as well.

i am traveling to Manila today, staying at Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City. having the basic map will help me dearly if i do get lost.

THANK YOU for the wonderful map. if you are to come to malaysia, singapore or brunei, you can always get a map from us.

Glad to have you aboard sir! Enjoy your trip to the Philippines
    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by vash_h View Post
      Hello everyone..

i am from a similar community in malaysia, Malfreemaps.com which map includes Malaysia, Singapore & brunei. Currently we are mapping thailand and have cooperation with indonesia's own community maps as well.

i am traveling to Manila today, staying at Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City. having the basic map will help me dearly if i do get lost.

THANK YOU for the wonderful map. if you are to come to malaysia, singapore or brunei, you can always get a map from us.
      hi there,

welcome to roadguide.

we also have a visitor recently from MFM/MSM by the username of silverbeauty.
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by vash_h View Post
        Hello everyone..

Bro vash_h, greetings to you from a fellow MFM member. You can get the RG Philippines map from this link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

This may be dated, but it gets you to most places and most important it helps you know where the cab driver is taking you

There is a newer map, but you need to contribute to get the unlock code for use in device. However you can get the mapsource version that works only on your PC/Lappy for reference to contribute. Link : http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

Have a good trip

Comment

Good point silverbeauty, I have used mapsource and our contributor's map a lot of times to search for places, just because I am so used to using the search feature of mapsource. Plus whenever I don't find it in the map, I make a note to try to contribute it to RG.

So even the non routable Demo version of the most recent map should help those with the free map. Specially during planning of a trip or looking for a destination. For those that have the demo map, you also have an option if you find it in the contributor's map to just save a waypoint and upload to your GPS unit and it'll be routable.

Vash, have a nice stay in Manila!!!

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

hello to all..

and to you silverbeauty.

i love this map. it helped me a lot walking around araneta centre. so far i have nothing to contribute as everything is already there.

however, i am advised by my company's counterpart here, to NOT be holding the GPS while walking, to prevent being robbed. at lease there is many security officers around here, so i shoot my photographs near a security officer, and use my GPS there to see how to walk to my intended destination and back.

philippines is a lovely country. If only i am here on vacation and not work.

I will definitely be coming back here for vacation.

Comment

welcome sir vash!

Comment

Working...
              X