Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

hi. i have just bought a nuvi 205 (through a relative in the US) and i am very satisfied with it. it was what i was expecting in signal acquisition.

i am now looking forward to contribute to the maps for accuracy. the demo ver seems that it needs alot of improvements and updates. sayang lang that i may contributing something that another may already have improved. are you assigning areas to avoid this? can i be assigned one?

also, now, i will start reading on what to contribute (street names/ new streets / restaurants ?). seems there's alot of understanding and browsing to do.

Bon Voyage! wish you all safety in your driving and looking forward to chat more

Hi and Welcome!

First thing you need to do is install mapsource and the demo map. Use the demo map as a guide. With it you can identify what is still missing. When you have your data (WPs/POIs/Tracks) compare it with the demo map so that you can avoid duplication. After you have removed the duplicates (in your data), upload to the proper thread.

We all do this for free and at our own leisure so we cannot assign anybody to map a specific area.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
      Hi and Welcome!

First thing you need to do is install mapsource and the demo map. Use the demo map as a guide. With it you can identify what is still missing. When you have your data (WPs/POIs/Tracks) compare it with the demo map so that you can avoid duplication. After you have removed the duplicates (in your data), upload to the proper thread.

We all do this for free and at our own leisure so we cannot assign anybody to map a specific area.

Thanks.
      Thanks AMF for the welcome. i got the demo running this morning. seemed alot of (relatively new) side streets were not in the map of Marikina. Guess i will start my contributions there (its where i reside)

also, i would like to mention that based on my surfing the past days, your map version (even the 1.01 demo version 8/4/08) is the most comprehensive. while, waypointsdotph is also a good reference.

Thank to those who have contributed to the availability of the demo map.

Comment

Working...
      X