newbie with nuvi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie with nuvi

hi, i'm an anesthesiologist by profession and just got myself a nuvi 200 to play with.

having so much fun that i plan to get a nokia e66 in the future and load it with the garmin mobile xt.

made a few contributions already and hoping to get an unlock for the updated and detailed roadguide map.

i need help on contributing tracks. for example, i traced maps in google earth, how do i save it and what format? if there are existing roads on the demo map, and they don't have names how do i contribute by naming them?

sorry for the newbie questions.

cheers!

Originally posted by mutsuraboshi View Post
    hi, i'm an anesthesiologist by profession and just got myself a nuvi 200 to play with.

having so much fun that i plan to get a nokia e66 in the future and load it with the garmin mobile xt.

made a few contributions already and hoping to get an unlock for the updated and detailed roadguide map.

i need help on contributing tracks. for example, i traced maps in google earth, how do i save it and what format? if there are existing roads on the demo map, and they don't have names how do i contribute by naming them?

sorry for the newbie questions.

cheers!
    Hi!

Answered your PM.

About GE traces, kmz file will be fine. Thanks!

Comment

thanks amf, you've been very helpful!

i hope to contribute more. a year ago, i was disheartened to find out that there are no existing routable maps for gps. i passed up on a lot of opportunities to get a nav-capable head unit for my car for this reason. until i stumbled on your mapping project and the 5.08 version of the maps by jklinc.

you'd be right about roadtrip though! i don't have a pc anymore so mapsource is out of the question.

Comment

Are you using a nav-capable head unit? Am shopping for a 2din head unit. If you have similar setup, appreciate if you can share.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mutsuraboshi View Post
        thanks amf, you've been very helpful!

i hope to contribute more. a year ago, i was disheartened to find out that there are no existing routable maps for gps. i passed up on a lot of opportunities to get a nav-capable head unit for my car for this reason. until i stumbled on your mapping project and the 5.08 version of the maps by jklinc.

you'd be right about roadtrip though! i don't have a pc anymore so mapsource is out of the question.

Comment

Working...
        X