nuvi 780 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 780 help

hi i'm just new here. i was hoping if someone can help me?
    basically i bought my nuvi 780 in the US and my sister tried it there and everything was working (though she didn't notice the problem). Then, i got it last tuesday. anyways, my problem is i'm not sure if my cradle or msn/charger is broken? because it wasn't charging my nuvi i tried using the usb and i was able to charged my unit however, i just noticed that when i charged it for four hours when i was in the office the screen (whole time) was on. i'm just scared that in the long run the screen might be broken (because it doesnt turn off when im charging it in the computer). anyone can help me on this? if someone can try my cradle or the cigarette charger to their units if it will work thanks let me know. qc and makati is my place.

josh

hi,

i can't help you but welcome anyway...
    i wouldn't worry much about the screen on, as somehow, it is make for that

Comment

Originally posted by ted View Post
      hi,

i can't help you but welcome anyway...
      i wouldn't worry much about the screen on, as somehow, it is make for that
      ah ok so its normal when you are using your usb to charge your unit the screen is on?

Comment

Welcome bmmer701!

What do you mean by charging thru USB? Charging with cigarette plug to the Nuvi's USB port OR a PC's USB port to the Nuvi's?

Anyway, while charging thru the Nuvi's USB port, try turning off the Nuvi and it should continue to charge (a pop up window should inform you about that). At least that's the way how it works with my 360.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          Welcome bmmer701!

What do you mean by charging thru USB? Charging with cigarette plug to the Nuvi's USB port OR a PC's USB port to the Nuvi's?

Anyway, while charging thru the Nuvi's USB port, try turning off the Nuvi and it should continue to charge (a pop up window should inform you about that). At least that's the way how it works with my 360.

Thanks.

pc's usb port to my nuvi the screen is on then it shows garmin and a picture of a cpu with a wire. it won't turn off kasi eh hehe... so i guess i will just leave it like this. i tried charging it using a motorolla charger and it works but it doesn't show if its full charge or if it still charging. i think my cardle is borken or my msn cigarette lighter.

btw, i'm just new here. where can i update the map? i was able to used it today (my nuvi) and i noticed they don't know the u-turns in quezon ave, also some oneway in makati. and i'm not sure why quirino ave. is correjor or something like that.. anywyas, hope i can contribute something then heheh

mikey: thanks for the tips

Comment

Originally posted by bmmer701 View Post
            pc's usb port to my nuvi the screen is on then it shows garmin and a picture of a cpu with a wire. it won't turn off kasi eh hehe... so i guess i will just leave it like this. i tried charging it using a motorolla charger and it works but it doesn't show if its full charge or if it still charging. i think my cardle is borken or my msn cigarette lighter.

btw, i'm just new here. where can i update the map? i was able to used it today (my nuvi) and i noticed they don't know the u-turns in quezon ave, also some oneway in makati. and i'm not sure why quirino ave. is correjor or something like that.. anywyas, hope i can contribute something then heheh

mikey: thanks for the tips
            Download mapsource and the demo map (v1.03). Install them. Make WPs about the current U-Turn slots and new/correct road names. Save it in your nuvi. Download your saved WPs in your PC and check with mapsource and the demo map. If what you saved is correct and not yet in the demo map, upload it in the appropriate thread(s). Please read the how-to section for more explanations.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
              Download mapsource and the demo map (v1.03). Install them. Make WPs about the current U-Turn slots and new/correct road names. Save it in your nuvi. Download your saved WPs in your PC and check with mapsource and the demo map. If what you saved is correct and not yet in the demo map, upload it in the appropriate thread(s). Please read the how-to section for more explanations.

Thanks!
              thansk ok i've downloaded the something, then the mapsource and the philippine map. now i will try to figure it out how to make a wp in my nuvi thanks then upload it in mapsource

Comment

welcome Josh

i sure hope you have good luck with the 780 as i have one ordered myself.
                Charlie

Comment

Working...
                X