Newbie Nuvi 1350 user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks B2 and Pokz,

I am running late to go to the EB but will try to be there by 12pm.

Apex, yes that is me, wow nice bumping into you here Small world.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Thanks Pokz and HBT and the others that were very accomodating and helpful at the EB, sorry I didn't get all your forum names.

Hoping to be able to upload something soon.

B2 as mentioned by Pokz the current demo does not have the routing system, but they helped me fix my setup already.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Routing works now thanks everyone! Was happy or if I am honest, sad to note that the new versions have most of the one way stuff already covered, I thought that I would be able to contribute to one way streets in my area. Roadguide contributors are fast and efficient

I am working on the challenge/request that HBT made after he gave me lessons on how to do stuff.

I have one question, I should try it first but, if I had example 2 additional Waypoint files in gdb format, is there an easy way to combine the two together? Or do I have to open both files and manually add the waypoints from one to the other to combine them?

I am also posting an question in the relevant thread about how to get icons for waypoints, my version doesn't seem to have a complete set of icons.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Sorry guys as I said I should have tried it first, I was able to transfer all the waypoints from one file to the other easily. I will post here for reference.

It's really just Cut and paste.

1. Open the file that has your waypoints that you want to combine with another.
          2. Open waypoints tab in the left hand side and highlight all the waypoints you want to transfer.
          3. Right click and then cut or copy.
          4. Open the other file that you want to combine with and click on waypoints tab.
          5. Right click and paste

All the waypoints will be combined in that file... Save file!

I still do not know how to update my mapsource to add new icons though.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post

I have one question, I should try it first but, if I had example 2 additional Waypoint files in gdb format, is there an easy way to combine the two together? Or do I have to open both files and manually add the waypoints from one to the other to combine them?
            open both files, then cut/copy one waypoint and paste it to the other file where you want them combined. do this in the waypoints tab at the left side of mapsource.

Comment

Would like to ask for help again, as I am not sure where to put the question.

1. I'd like to add a new dirt road, where do I upload it?

2. I'd like to send some 1s Tracks from roads that are already mapped, where do I upload that?

3. I'd like to send some one way street routing info. I know it should be uploaded in corrections, but can I include this with any of the above two? I mean just send one file?

4. How about naming a previously unnamed street? Can I include in one file as item no. 3?

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

1. I'd like to add a new dirt road, where do I upload it?
                in the new tracks thread
                Originally posted by arvin555
                2. I'd like to send some 1s Tracks from roads that are already mapped, where do I upload that?
                corrections thread
                3. I'd like to send some one way street routing info. I know it should be uploaded in corrections, but can I include this with any of the above two? I mean just send one file?
                I think you could include it with your no.2 (to save them DL time), but if you properly mark them (1s tracks, routing info) there shouldn't be any problem. I would separate them usually though.
                4. How about naming a previously unnamed street? Can I include in one file as item no. 3?
                corrections thread, and same answer to no. 3.
                hth
                ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

B2

Thanks very much for the info, I uploaded my contribution just now. Not sure of the Admins want one file for the 3 contributions, tracks, one way and renaming, but I sent them just one file.

If however several files is better, should be easy as Poks already taught me that it is easy to cut and paste from one file to another.

Thanks again!

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Just an update, it was lucky that HBT and Pokz did not elaborate anymore about TYP, saved a lot of questions from me, the TYPs were all in the contributor's area after all.

I was able to download and use (on my laptop) HBT's TYP already, nice.
                    Pokz I used HBT's because it was linked with the contributor's map download, so it was nicely marketed

So now I have those nice bridges and waves.

I noticed thought that my mapsource still doesn't have these new icons, so I figured we really can't load those icons on mapsource but the icons will be automatically converted by the TYP file which works with the map and not mapsource.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

which icons? the tables and nails? I think they're from the later typ files from HBT, look for 'em, install and you should see these new icons on your mapsource too. and once you send your map to your unit, they should appear their too.

hth
                      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Just an update, it was lucky that HBT and Pokz did not elaborate anymore about TYP, saved a lot of questions from me, the TYPs were all in the contributor's area after all.

I was able to download and use (on my laptop) HBT's TYP already, nice.
                        Pokz I used HBT's because it was linked with the contributor's map download, so it was nicely marketed

So now I have those nice bridges and waves.

TTFN
                        Arvin
                        thanks

see lolo pokz, some people have taste. mhahaha
                        it's called ART

some credit goes to lolo suntzu also
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          thanks

it's called ART

some credit goes to lolo suntzu also
                          ah waves pala yun I thought it was sharks! lol

salamas koya hbt
                          *** Ohhh it's the one and only SioKoy!!! ***

Comment

lmao! i like the sharks too in contrast to the plain later version.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post

yeah, bad taste.

@arvin,

the typ icons will never show up in addition to the default icons in mapsource if i get your concern correctly. they only modify those pois in the map that have no definite icons after compiling. unless garmin decides to release a new mapsource version that has more icons, this will always be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                                yeah, bad taste.

thats what you think hahaha
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X