Newbie from Lucena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Lucena

Hi. Just got my garmin nuvi 765t. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it and get the most out of it. I would like to be a contributor, at least, hopefully in my area i can try to improve the map and add poi's, and correct incorrectly entered names (if any).

May i know the latest map version which can be downloaded by a newbie? Will it be the same map that i will use as basis in contributing waypoints/poi's/etc?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rdcruz_md View Post
    Hi. Just got my garmin nuvi 765t. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it and get the most out of it. I would like to be a contributor, at least, hopefully in my area i can try to improve the map and add poi's, and correct incorrectly entered names (if any).

May i know the latest map version which can be downloaded by a newbie? Will it be the same map that i will use as basis in contributing waypoints/poi's/etc?

Thanks!

Hi rdcruz md, welcome to Roadguide. The version is 1.07 which is free and can be uploaded in your gps unit. This can be use and able to help you in navigation. The Contributors version is 1.1.13g.(you cannot load this is your gps unit as you need an unlock code from The Judge) You may use the 1.13 Demo version as basis in contributing.(you cannot load this in your gps unit) Be sure to zoom in & out in your mapsource when browsing the map so you can see which PoI are already in the map . The demo version can only be loaded in your pc thus in mapsource as well as the V1.07.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide rdcruz_md! Your area will be well represented in the RG map if you help contribute tracks and POIs. Please go over the "How to's" so you'll know how to do it right. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

welcome to roadguide rdcruz_md!

Comment

Welcome!!! Looking forward to your contributions.

Comment

Thanks for the encouraging reply guys!

I'll try to review the "how to's" and begin uploading data as soon as i'm ready...

Comment

Where can i download the demo map version 1.13g? I tried to download demo map version 1.13 for windows several times but i keep getting an error whenever i try to "run" it?

Thanks.

Comment

Sir, is there a big difference between the demo version 1.13g and the contributors version 1.1.13? How about the demo version 1.13g and the free map version 1.07? I'm sorry for having so many questions...

Comment

@rdcruz_md
                  the maps(basic/free and demo) can be downloaded from the Download Standard Philippines GPS Map sub-forum.

basic map here, demo map here.

it'll help us if you could give a more detailed error message.

the demo and contributors map are basically the same, only difference is that you can't upload the demo to your gps unit. when contributing data, the demo map would also serve as your reference.

as for the difference between v1.07 and the latest contributors map. let's just say that v1.07 is missing a couple of months worth of data/updates. you can check the threads in the Upload your data sub-forum to give you an idea on how many contributions/updates are submitted per day.
                  got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Working...
                  X