Brad, newbie from Southern Leyte and the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad, newbie from Southern Leyte and the US

Hi all: Last year I walked all the streets of Hinunangan, Southern Leyte with an older Magellan GPS. Unfortunately the time markers didn't come across and I can't contribute it to the project.

Oh well, looks like the residents will see the silly Kano walking the streets again this year, but with a Garmin 265.

The project is really worthwhile. Cebu seems to have very few street signs in residential neighborhoods and directions like "go left at the sari-sari store" aren't too helpful...

Brad

Originally posted by 4ensic View Post
    Hi all: Last year I walked all the streets of Hinunangan, Southern Leyte with an older Magellan GPS. Unfortunately the time markers didn't come across and I can't contribute it to the project.

Oh well, looks like the residents will see the silly Kano walking the streets again this year, but with a Garmin 265.

The project is really worthwhile. Cebu seems to have very few street signs in residential neighborhoods and directions like "go left at the sari-sari store" aren't too helpful...

Brad
    Hi Brad, welcome to Roadguide, we have several members here who come from foreign land and opted here for good. Try to download the Version 1.07 of Philippine map which is free on this site and upload it in your unit. Pls. feel free to ask when you need assistance.

Comment

hi brad. welcome to roadguide.
      if any question, please feel free to ask.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks, I'm one of those who's staying in the RP.

I look forward to a happy early retirement in Southern Leyte, photographing the island and hosting my relatives and friends from the US.

Later this summer I'll be back in the Visayas with a GPS loaded with your maps. We hit quite a few locations in Leyte and the island of Cebu. Having the GPS ensures a seat near the window (for the GPS if not for me).

Thanks,
        Brad

Comment

hi brad. welcome to roadguide.

Comment

Hello 4ensic,

Welcome mate. I was in Leyte this June 2010.
            I actually visited Paranas, Samar, then Kawayan, Biliran and the last place is Hilongos, Leyte (my mother's hometown).

Comment

Originally posted by 4ensic View Post

Brad
              Welcome to Roadguide Brad. I very good friend of mine is from nearby Silago but i've never been to Southern Leyte yet. It's welcome news that there's a Kano willing to map that portion of Leyte. Hope will see a more detailed street map with lots of POIs in Southern Leyte soon...

Comment

Working...
              X