Newbie in Quezon City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie in Quezon City

hi to everyone, i plan to buy a garmin soon. can you guys recommend what model is good and where to buy?
    hoping to contribute in the near future!
    Last edited by bbathala; 01-19-2009, 10:22.

Originally posted by bbathala View Post
    can you guys recommend what model is good and where to buy?
    Depends on what you plan to use it for. If you're into biking/hiking/the outdoors or tracks/waypoint surveys, GPS handhelds would be best choice. If for car navigation, get the Nuvi series, or a smartphone/PDA with aGPS. Google is your friend. Find out first what you want to use it for and then we start again from there... cheers and welcome to the forum.

Comment

thanks, mainly for driving because i'm terrible at remembering routes to places i seldom go to. is the nuvi 360 good? if i'm planning on contributing, which model is good?
      Last edited by bbathala; 01-19-2009, 20:33. Reason: adding

Comment

thanks, mainly for driving because i'm terrible at remembering routes to places i seldom go to. is the nuvi 360 good? if i'm planning on contributing, which model is good?
        The 360 is a good one but you must consider that it's already a discontinued model. It does not diminish its usefulness though.

You can contribute with a Nuvi. Waypoints only though and not tracks. You can also contribute using Google Earth 4 by tracing roads that are still not in the current map.

Comment

searching online, i'm choosing between a 360, a 680, and 760. i'm presuming the higher the number the more bells and whistles. right?

last question (yeah right), any shop in manila i can buy garmin products at a reasonable price?
          Last edited by bbathala; 01-20-2009, 04:25. Reason: adding

Comment

searching online, i'm choosing between a 360, a 680, and 760. i'm presuming the higher the number the more bells and whistles. right?
            not really... i've read somewhere (found the link here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=34&page=2) that the xx5 Nuvi series are the newer releases that's why some of the xx0 series have been phased out or are sold at discounted prices. But the higher numbers do come with more features, like "speak street names". Check this out:
            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=67, says tracks can be recorded in the Nuvi 205.

As for sellers, most GPS sold here are priced double than what it sells for in the US . If you can get it in the US, that would be your best option. Again, Google is your friend...
            Last edited by Borgie; 01-20-2009, 05:30. Reason: found link...

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
              X