Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi all....

Just registered and going to download the new map. I am going on Holiday to the Philippines next month, I currently have a Garmin GPSMAP60SCx.

I am wondering if it is worth me getting involved in the uploading. Baring in mind I don't know to much at this stage.

Will I be able to contribute, I will be in manila and then heading out to the province.

What level of detail is needed, what sort of time, how difficult is this.

If you could let me know would not mind trying to help out.

Scotty

Originally posted by Scotty1511 View Post
    Hi all....

Just registered and going to download the new map. I am going on Holiday to the Philippines next month, I currently have a Garmin GPSMAP60SCx.

I am wondering if it is worth me getting involved in the uploading. Baring in mind I don't know to much at this stage.

Will I be able to contribute, I will be in manila and then heading out to the province.

Scotty
    welcome to roadguide scotty

we welcome all kind of help to improve our map.
    its always worth it to help other people even if it benefit you or not.
    like some of our member here contribute data to provinces that they know they will not go to, but still help for the cause of the project
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty1511 View Post
      Hi all....

Scotty
      Welcome to Roadguide Scotty! Your 60CSx can record 1 sec tracks so be sure to check that setting before using your GPS in the field. You can easily contribute those tracks just by downloading them from the 60CSx using Mapsource, then uploading them here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2464 . 1 sec tracks are very much welcome especially in areas that don't have extensive road network coverage. Please check out this thread for more tips on how to use the 60CSx http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=183. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Working...
      X