Hello from the UAE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the UAE

Hello forumers, another Pinoy GPS freak here working in the UAE. Thanks for all tbe great work you have done for the RP map! Been a Garmin fan since I started using a C60CX 2 yrs ago out of need to navigate desert (landmarkless) roads and trails in the UAE (more popularly called Dubai although its just one of its cities). Since then I acquired a Garmin IQUE PDA (discontinued model now) which has now become my prized poession to-date as it also does PDA - word/excel etc, play Divx movies and Wi-Fi with SDIO, it has Tracking feature BTW.

During my earlier trips home in RP I used MAPKING on my HTC PDA with built in GPS, but this one's limited to Metro Manila, did not want to install this on my Garmin PDA for fear of corrupting the Garmin software

I have been following GPS mappers sa Pinas but it was not until last year when I got the necessary utilities and learned how to install the IMG maps that I have been collected over time. I was so happy to see the RP map on both my Garmin units, I used to just have the basemap when using this in RP.

Lately I got a Garmin Nuvi 610, which was sold dirt cheap (1/3 of orig price) here as the model been discontinued however supported. The RP map was really impressive on this one.

Have GPS will travel ... This past December, I have taken my Units for a long ride - Manila to Uson, Masbate via Pilar Sorsogon Ro/Ro. I am still educating myself on how to upload my tracks, corrections, waypoints as contribution my humble contribution to this group's endeavor. I'll also post the travel and GPS pics.

Welcome trailblazer!

I can imagine the value of GPS when navigating the deserts of the middle east. Feel free to browse the forum and shoot some Qs if you need some help.

Thanks!

allan

Comment

Working...
    X