Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rixxer View Post
    I assumed that the added POI are just beside an existing one so i just "estimated" them. Am i doing it wrong? If so, how can i contribute POI's if i do not have a GPS yet? Hoping for your guidance on this. Thank you.
    Please follow this link to learn how to contribute even without a GPS... http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=22. Another way to contribute is submit routing corrections (one-way streets, no leftt/right turn, roadcuts, no entry & etc), or to submit names for unnamed streets. But you need to have local knowledge to be able to do this. We do not allow "estimated" locations of POI as that may be prone to errors. Best that waypoints are gathered/marked using a GPS... TIA
    Last edited by Borgie; 04-29-2010, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Please follow this link to learn how to contribute even without a GPS... http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=22. Another way to contribute is submit routing corrections (one-way streets, no leftt/right turn, roadcuts, no entry & etc), or to submit names for unnamed streets. But you need to have local knowledge to be able to do this. We do not allow "estimated" locations of POI as that may be prone to errors. Best that waypoints are gathered/marked using a GPS... TIA
      Hi Sir Borgie, thank you for the clarification. That means i cannot "yet" submit POI contributions until i can get myself a GPS. hmm, i guess i have to render more overtime to be able to avail of the GPS.
      I have some questions. How about if i see some routes on the demo map that were placed inaccurately? (i mean, the road was not yet there in 1.12 but it was added in 1.13 but basing it from the position of existing POI's, either the road or the POI's is not accurately positioned.) How can i do the correction? I do not have a GPS yet to do the 1sec tracking to see which one was incorrectly positioned?

Comment

Originally posted by rixxer View Post
        I have some questions. How about if i see some routes on the demo map that were placed inaccurately? (i mean, the road was not yet there in 1.12 but it was added in 1.13 but basing it from the position of existing POI's, either the road or the POI's is not accurately positioned.) How can i do the correction? I do not have a GPS yet to do the 1sec tracking to see which one was incorrectly positioned?
        how would you know that its inaccurate?
        for poi's and tracks, you will need a gps to check its accuracy.
        what you can submit for the meantime:
        1. routing correction - if you know roads that are one-way, or turning restriction like no left turn.
        2. tracing tracks in GE which are not on map yet
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
          1. routing correction - if you know roads that are one-way, or turning restriction like no left turn.
          and naming unnamed street
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            Hi sir, i understand, i will contribute POIs once i got hold my GPS.
            Thanks for the advice, so i will just be hunting for unnamed roads for now. Regards to all.

Comment

Working...
            X