Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi all, havent bought yet my GPS unit but i will be this month. So i better read up on the "how-to's". thanks for the effort by our contributors for making this site possible. more power po.

Originally posted by rixxer View Post
    Hi all, havent bought yet my GPS unit but i will be this month. So i better read up on the "how-to's". thanks for the effort by our contributors for making this site possible. more power po.

Hello and welcome... I see you've already done some scanning on what to do. Read them well, you can even start contributing even while waiting for your gps to arrive. Any contributions, as long as they are within the standards, is most welcome...
    I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

thanks tofu, i will try to do that.

I have downloaded the mapsource and the jklinc but when i try to install the mapsource, im getting this error. "previous mapsource not found. Setup will terminate". Am not sure what am i doing wrong. i tried to download the files again but no luck. i will try again.

Comment

Read through this... http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2017

You should install the training center first before you can install mapsource. Then again, do not install the latest version of mapsource as it will not allow you to open the rg map... the 2 versions in the above link is good enough...

Comment

hi again tofu (tokwa in japanese)

yeah, i was able to read that portion before reading your post and its now installing the mapsource. i just finished installing the training center.
          thanks for the assist.

Comment

hi again tofu (tokwa in japanese)

yeah, i was able to read that portion before reading your post and its now installing the mapsource. i just finished installing the training center.
            thanks for the assist.

Welcome... Actually it's tofu in japanese...

Comment

what i meant was tofu is the japanese word for tokwa.
              Sir, anything you want to know in Japanese, just PM me.
              Regards

Comment

i got the mapsource showing the philippine routable 5.17. what to do next?

Comment

i got the mapsource showing the philippine routable 5.17. what to do next?

Download and install the latest demo map http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17 because that is what you need to verify if the roads or waypoints that you want to contribute are already existing in the latest map. Then thoroughly read through the how to section so you can start contributing...

You can post your questions in the related threads for further inquiries... I'm sure somebody will be more than willing to assist you.

Comment

got it sir tofu...thanks. now i can see what items i can contribute.

Comment

i havent got my GPS yet but i have some waypoints to contribute. Where can i upload them? i cannot see the correct topic for it.

Comment

i havent got my GPS yet but i have some waypoints to contribute.
                        How did you gather your waypoints then?

Comment

i just based it on the demo map 1.13 and plot those POI's that were not there yet.

Comment

i just based it on the demo map 1.13 and plot those POI's that were not there yet.
                            How sure are you then that your waypoints are accurately located?

Comment

I assumed that the added POI are just beside an existing one so i just "estimated" them. Am i doing it wrong? If so, how can i contribute POI's if i do not have a GPS yet? Hoping for your guidance on this. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X