newbie from welcome rotonda q.c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie from welcome rotonda q.c.

good day to all mods and members. i bought a china made GPS receiver which uses garmin mobilext. it has a preloaded philippine map. its running good but when i saw google maps on my pc its way better and it looks like a aerial photograph. can it be possible to have that kind of maps? so it will look more realistic on my device. and by the way im a mountain biker so planing to put it on my bike.

hi junpakaplog, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay.. Be sure to read the FAQ and How To sections to get you started.. On your question below, I believe you can't transfer google maps to any gps..

Originally posted by junpakaplog View Post
    good day to all mods and members. i bought a china made GPS receiver which uses garmin mobilext. it has a preloaded philippine map. its running good but when i saw google maps on my pc its way better and it looks like a aerial photograph. can it be possible to have that kind of maps? so it will look more realistic on my device. and by the way im a mountain biker so planing to put it on my bike.

Comment

welcome to roadguide sir! i agree with razorspells i dnt think you can use it in garmin but there are some devices which uses google sattelite images to navigate but no turn by turn direction one good example is iphone lets wait for 4d maps hmmm........ i think some countries are starting to adopt this im not sure which country hmmm is it singapore bossing idol jan?

please take time to read this FAQs before starting a new topic. This will help us minimize duplicated threads and save time in posting / waiting for solutions.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide jun! While google map is indeed very nice to look at esp. if your area is covered with high resolution imageries, it's just that, nice to look at since it can't be uploaded to your GPS and it can't do those things that your PND can do like find POI's (at least in the Philippines), record tracks & etc. Plus you get to pay for internet time when you browse the map. As regards your plan of using your China GPS on your bike, it might not be a good idea as it's not built to withstand the outdoors imo and the rough handling it will surely encounter on the handlebars. Better get those biking specific GPS or handhelds. Hope to see you contributions soon...

Comment

Working...
        X