Newbie from Davao City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Davao City

Hi, there! I am a resident of Davao City and travel within the Mindanao area. I am currently out of the country but will be coming home next week.

My cousin bought a 2nd hand nuvi 250 for me that is already loaded with Philippine maps. I can't wait to use it.

When he tested the unit for me, he found out that there were a lot of erroneous street names and unknown streets. I asked him to view the file gmapsupp.img, the file date was 08/04/2008.

I have some questions (please bear with a newbie like me):

1. How do I know if the gmapsupp.img is comiing from roadguide.ph?
    2. Is my gmapsupp.img an older version?

I really really want to be a contributor when I get back home. As you have advised the other newbies, I will get myself acquainted first with the How To guide.

Thanks and happy to be a member of roadguide!

Originally posted by bradp View Post
    Hi, there! I am a resident of Davao City and travel within the Mindanao area. I am currently out of the country but will be coming home next week.

My cousin bought a 2nd hand nuvi 250 for me that is already loaded with Philippine maps. I can't wait to use it.

When he tested the unit for me, he found out that there were a lot of erroneous street names and unknown streets. I asked him to view the file gmapsupp.img, the file date was 08/04/2008.

I really really want to be a contributor when I get back home. As you have advised the other newbies, I will get myself acquainted first with the How To guide.

1. do a search for a poi, if the address says "free map from roadguide.ph" , guess where it comes from (or free map from freewebs.com/phroadguide for an older version)

2. august 2008 was the last public released map.

welcome to the site
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi bradp, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay. To get you started, browse through the How To and FAQ sections.
      Be a contributor and get the latest and updated map.

Originally posted by bradp View Post

Comment

Hi bradp,

I'm a NUUB like you. When you get back to Davao PM me and we can get together in the common cause.

,-._,-.
        \/)"(\/
        (_o_)

Cheers Leon...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Hi, Leon - Will PM you as soon as I am back home.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide bradp! Hope to see your contributions soon. Contributor's map is way better than the free map...

Comment

Thanks Borgie.

I have been viewing the Roadguide.1.11 demo version via Mapsource and got so excited. I definitely want to become a full-pledged contributor and start as soon as I can.

Comment

hi brad.
                welcome to roadguide.
                pls read faq for newbies, link below.
                we also have an active member in Davao "docsamcruz".
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                X