Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maps for Mindanao & Davao

Hi Guys,

I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer from Australia now living in Davao. Used GPS a lot back in OZ and loved it.

I'm going back to OZ soon for a short Holiday and can pick up a Garmin Nuvi 1390.

Two Questions, 1 is this a good model and 2 has the Road guide Philippiness maps got good information on Mindanao and Davao in particular? Could change the model to the most popular if suggested.

Of course I want to be a contributor, help keep me busy. Thanks.

Cheers all, Leon...

hi sir leon. welcome to roadguide.
    we are presently updating davao area as we have a contributor there. we look forward to your contributions so that we may add more updates for mindanao map. while waiting for your unit. i suggest you read the "how to" section. as you may start contributing now even without a unit yet by doing polygon traces. so that when you get your unit, you would probably be given the unlock code by that time as a contributor.
    with regards to units, pls read this thread
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1905&page=2

Comment

hi le0n, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!

Originally posted by le0n View Post
      Hi Guys,

I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer from Australia now living in Davao. Used GPS a lot back in OZ and loved it.

I'm going back to OZ soon for a short Holiday and can pick up a Garmin Nuvi 1390.

Two Questions, 1 is this a good model and 2 has the Road guide Philippiness maps got good information on Mindanao and Davao in particular? Could change the model to the most popular if suggested.

Cheers all, Leon...

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide leOn! You've come to the right place if you want help to keep you busy . Another helping hand is always very much welcome. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Hi Guys,

Cheers all, Leon...
          welcome to roadguide.
          we have one active member in davao, docsamcruz.
          lots of work to be done in davao so surely docsam can use another pair of hands holding a gpsr.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Guys, I do a lot of driving in Davao and also some trips around Mindanao and look forward to being a contributor.

Ordered a Garman 660 and will pick it up when I visit OZ soon.

Will do what I can in the mean time.

Thanks again..

,-._,-.
            \/)"(\/
            (_o_)

Cheers Leon...

Comment

Still haven't been back to Australia to pickup my Nuvi 660 but hope to do so soon.

Would like to contact Brad re maps herenin the Davao area.

Cheers Leon...

Comment

Hi, Leon. I have already started contributing through my Nuvi since I'm back here in Davao. I've been in touch with docsamcruz also who is helping me. I'll PM you my contact number.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Cheers all, Leon...
                  welcome to roadguide sir!

Comment

Working...
                  X