X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a nuvi on a motorcycle

I've not had any problems. You can see pictures here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/hennme/GPSItems#

I've not had an issue with the suction cup letting go or the nuvi coming off its mount and I've been on some pretty rough roads. I even dropped the Kawasaki while tracking the Buhisan Dam Road behind Cebu City and the nuvi didn't pop off. I keep it tethered to something, just in case, though. I installed a cigar lighter onto the Kawasaki here in Cebu for powering my GPS units on longer rides. While on my other bikes, I just run on battery power.

I bought the nuvi 500 for several reasons: it has almost double the battery life as other nuvi's because it's designed for outdoor use (up to 8 hours); it's advertised to be waterproof to a certain standard so I'm not concerned with rain; you can upload routes to it from your computer. It does 1-second track recording.
    Experiencia Docet

Comment

Right guys, is there any reason why a UK spec 550 would not work here ok?.

Don't wanna buy one and then find out it's us here.

Comment

i use a europen version 550 myself.and doglegdon uses an uk version if i'm not mistaken
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

that's all i wanted to hear, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shiredevon View Post
            Motorcycle, got a 400 now so expressway here i come, have been around visayas and north luzon(mountain province) on my xr200, gonna try mindanao soon, shame i didn't have one already could've contributed already,thanks for quick replies.
            lets ride together i have a 50 cc scooter!!! welcome to roadguide sir!!!

Comment

Working...
            X