hi, and advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi, and advice please.

Hi everyone, i live in occ mindoro and have been for 4 years now, can anyone advise me which unit to buy, my son will be coming in may so he can buy in UK,

Me and a few friends have a tour twice a year and have been just about everywhere so i should be able to contribute a lot hopefully,

Obviosly i need a unit suitable for a bike, many thanks.

hi shiredevon, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! stay tuned for replies regarding to unit for bikes. We have members here that can help you out.. for vehicles you can try Garmin Nuvi 265WT...

Originally posted by shiredevon View Post
    Hi everyone, i live in occ mindoro and have been for 4 years now, can anyone advise me which unit to buy, my son will be coming in may so he can buy in UK,

Me and a few friends have a tour twice a year and have been just about everywhere so i should be able to contribute a lot hopefully,

Comment

bike as in mc or as in pedal?
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Motorcycle, got a 400 now so expressway here i come, have been around visayas and north luzon(mountain province) on my xr200, gonna try mindanao soon, shame i didn't have one already could've contributed already,thanks for quick replies.

Comment

Motorcycle, got a 400 now so expressway here i come, have been around visayas and north luzon(mountain province) on my xr200, gonna try mindanao soon, shame i didn't have one already could've contributed already,thanks for quick replies.
          zumo 450 if no bluetooth needed. 550 if so required.
          stay away from the 660 as apparently it doesn't track.

Comment

garmin zumo is nice
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Was afraid you'd say zumo, hehe, better warn the credit card.

Comment

you can get the nuvi but youve got to have a good mount.
                welcome to roadguide.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

So is there a standard mount on the nuvi that's good, is the zumo worth the extra bucks?, best to buy once and be happy eh, looked on ebay uk didn't see much in the way of zumo though!.

Comment

So is there a standard mount on the nuvi that's good, is the zumo worth the extra bucks?, best to buy once and be happy eh, looked on ebay uk didn't see much in the way of zumo though!.
                    try browsing our picture thread. some members have posted pics of their mounts.
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide shiredevon! If a non-talking device (beeps only) and a smaller screen is okay with you, a 60CSx on a RAM handlebar mount would be a good alternative and won't dent the credit card as much...

Comment

Yes it is. Watertight / gas resistant / bike mounting kit plus cabling. Nuvi is for in car use, you'd have to fiddle to bikepower it and make it watertight.

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                        Welcome to Roadguide shiredevon! If a non-talking device (beeps only) and a smaller screen is okay with you, a 60CSx on a RAM handlebar mount would be a good alternative and won't dent the credit card as much...
                        Or 76csx. But the screensize isn't all that good. Or 276c but almost same price as zumo that. Plus you'd need garmin only cards.

Comment

Thanks guys, will try to see where i can get a zumo at a reasonable price, maybe a secondhand one somewhere.

Comment

Been surfing in uk but i can only find a zumo 400,500,550,660, any ideas, maybe 450 only available outside uk.
                            Last edited by ; 02-10-2010, 11:51.

Comment

Been surfing in uk but i can only find a zumo 400,500,550,660, any ideas, maybe 450 only available outside uk.
                              if not available in the UK maybe you can try amazon: http://www.amazon.com/GARMIN-Zumo-3-...5779615&sr=8-1

Comment

Working...
                              X