X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Germany

Hi to everyone,
    i am ruediger from germany.
    My wife ist from the phlippines and we stay every second year in the philippines for vacation.
    All the years we drove around using a map from the national book store,
    we found all the places but to use a gps system is easier und saver i guess.
    This is a nice forum,i found a lot of experience and know how here - thank you for that.
    First i read all the threats for the newbies and install the map on my garmin,
    it is already ordered from amazon.
    Here in germany i use a pda with windows mobile and a tomtom software.
    Is it possible to use the garmin maps with this sytem ?
    So that is all for now, i guess the questions come from alone ;-)
    I have to remove the snow from the sidewalk now, we have lots of snow this year
    Greets
    Ruediger

Originally posted by Lupao View Post
    Hi to everyone,
    i am ruediger from germany.
    My wife ist from the phlippines and we stay every second year in the philippines for vacation.
    All the years we drove around using a map from the national book store,
    we found all the places but to use a gps system is easier und saver i guess.
    This is a nice forum,i found a lot of experience and know how here - thank you for that.
    First i read all the threats for the newbies and install the map on my garmin,
    it is already ordered from amazon.
    So that is all for now, i guess the questions come from alone ;-)
    I have to remove the snow from the sidewalk now, we have lots of snow this year
    Greets
    Ruediger
    Hi Ruediger,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph. Your wife must be from Lupao, N.E.We are looking forward for your contributions so that you will enjoy the Contributor Map when you come back to Philippines in your next vacation.

Please read on how to contribute although you are out of the country.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide!
      Hope you will enjoy your stay.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
        Hi Ruediger,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph.
        Your wife must be from Lupao, N.E.
        Thank you for your welcome

Yes my wife is from Lupao N.E.

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
        We are looking forward for your contributions so that you will enjoy the Contributor Map when you come back to Philippines in your next vacation.

Please read on how to contribute although you are out of the country.
        Like i understud,
        i have to upload for examble some waypoints/POIs and than i have the chance to get the contribute status.
        I guess that is a problem for me because i am only a few weeks in the philippines and my time is rare.
        I have to share it with my philipine family because i see them only each second year and my philippine family is large
        So i have to use the old version form the map, better than nothing.
        We plan to visit this year the hundred islands and than drive dot the north,
        La Union,Vigan, Laog and to the withe beach in the north.
        Maybe i can record some thing there.
        In a few years i will be retired and than i have time to do that.
        But maybe i can buy a complete map than......

Thank you gentleman for your reply and have a nice day.

Kind Regards
        Ruediger

Edit: PS.Sorry for my english and i hope you understand me, i am not so good like the other members here.
        Last edited by Lupao; 02-03-2010, 22:20.

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide Ruediger! Going over the different threads is a nice start to familiarize yourself with how things are in this forum.

Yes, you can use garmin maps and our Roadguide map in your pda but you need to install the garmin software.

Like i understud,
          i have to upload for examble some waypoints/POIs and than i have the chance to get the contribute status.
          I guess that is a problem for me because i am only a few weeks in the philippines and my time is rare.
          I have to share it with my philipine family because i see them only each second year and my philippine family is large
          So i have to use the old version form the map, better than nothing.
          We plan to visit this year the hundred islands and than drive dot the north,
          La Union,Vigan, Laog and to the withe beach in the north.
          Maybe i can record some thing there.
          In a few years i will be retired and than i have time to do that.
          But maybe i can buy a complete map than......

Thank you gentleman for your reply and have a nice day.

Kind Regards
          Ruediger

Edit: PS.Sorry for my english and i hope you understand me, i am not so good like the other members here.
          Well, that's the way to contribute if you are here in the Philippines, gathering waypoints and tracks or correcting existing map data. If you're outside the country, there are other ways as well so you'll be able to enjoy the contributor's map which btw is not for sale. One of them is by tracing Philippine roads in Google Earth. But before doing this, you must familiarize yourself with the demo map (which is the same map used by contributors) so there will be no duplication and you won't waste your time tracing roads that are already in the map. There are accuracy issues with Google Earth but our mappers do know how to make the corresponding adjustments to calibrate your traced tracks to our map. There's a topic in the forum discussing this, please go have a look.

No apologies required or needed for written english that might not please an english teacher . As long as we understand what you mean and can respond correctly to your queries, that's good enough for us. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Ruediger.
            Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post

Yes, you can use garmin maps and our Roadguide map in your pda but you need to install the garmin software.
              Thank you Sir, i am looking for the garmin software.
              But i believe the garmin software is to expensive and i can buy a complete garmin here in germany for the cost from the software.
              The nüvi 255 cost 100-110,- Euro with 2 years warrenty, that is aprox. 6400-7200,-Pesos include the complete map for europe.

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              which btw is not for sale.
              I know that the contributor map is not for sale.
              But there is a company selling complete navigation system, that is what i mean.

This is the company,
              does anyone have experiance with this software and maps ?
              The "eco 300" is ready to use include the philippine map, updated every 6 months, for 9.000,- Pesos.

Regards
              Ruediger

Comment

hmmmm....
                what do you think
                Attached Files
                Last edited by hbt; 02-04-2010, 23:51.
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thank you Sir, i am looking for the garmin software.
                  But i believe the garmin software is to expensive and i can buy a complete garmin here in germany for the cost from the software.
                  The nüvi 255 cost 100-110,- Euro with 2 years warrenty, that is aprox. 6400-7200,-Pesos include the complete map for europe.

I know that the contributor map is not for sale.

This is the company,
                  The "eco 300" is ready to use include the philippine map, updated every 6 months, for 9.000,- Pesos.

Regards
                  Ruediger
                  that's based on osm map.

the garmin software is free.

get the nuvi.

will be still cheaper than the car navi unit as you can get the same map they use for free plus you'll have the europe map as well...

no brainer actually
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

This is the company,
                    all i can add is....roadguide is the best gps map for philippines right now!
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Greets
                      Ruediger

Comment

Working...
                      X